1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Baby Spiders

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Iansky, May 23, 2010.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I was about to go through the garden gate yesterday and the sun glinted off a spiders web that was covered in frantic activity, when I looked closer I could see all these baby spiders rushing around then congregating in the middle.

Dash back to the house and grabbed the GF1 + 45-200 lens and this is the result.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Wow - this is quite a fascinating view!:eek::2thumbs: The insect world is really all around us, but for most of us it's usually invisible, or close to it.

3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    thats something, very cool

4. MikeB10

MikeB10 Mu-43 Regular

What an amazing sight. Very cool indeed.

5. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Hhhmmm.......now I am not afraid of bugs.....BUT, I am not cool with spiders and centipedes.

I have been bitten by a tarantula, stung by a scorpion and a brown recluse (not all at once :smile:).

Last Sunday working in the yard a 8" centipede went up my arm (you never saw anyone jerk THAT fast). :eek:

So while everyone grabs their camera humming "the Circle of Life"......I'll be heading for the can of Raid. :biggrin:

R

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Fascinating shot! Interesting that you used the 45-200 for that. I've done very little close up type work with that lens, although I did get a couple of fairly detailed flower shots with it when I was just playing around when it was new. Interested in roughly what distance you were from the subject(s) and about what focal length you ended up using?

-Ray

7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You got one very nice and intriguing shot there Ian. Thanks for posting it. Unfortunately, if it were in my backyard i probably wouldn't have gone for the camera but hairspray and a gas lighter:smile:

I've come very close to grief with deadly Redbacks and that has tainted my attitude to these many legged creatures. But hey, in a static picture they're fine!

thanks,

8. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Cool! I've never seen anything like that.

9. thekeddi

thekeddi Mu-43 Rookie

May 17, 2010
    Awesome Photo!

10. Bill H

Bill H Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2010
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Great capture. It's always good to keep a camera near by. Thanks for sharing the shot.