Baby Spiders

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Iansky, May 23, 2010.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I was about to go through the garden gate yesterday and the sun glinted off a spiders web that was covered in frantic activity, when I looked closer I could see all these baby spiders rushing around then congregating in the middle.

Dash back to the house and grabbed the GF1 + 45-200 lens and this is the result.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Wow - this is quite a fascinating view!:eek::2thumbs: The insect world is really all around us, but for most of us it's usually invisible, or close to it.
  3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    thats something, very cool
  4. MikeB10

MikeB10 Mu-43 Regular

What an amazing sight. Very cool indeed.
  5. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010 I am not afraid of bugs.....BUT, I am not cool with spiders and centipedes.

I have been bitten by a tarantula, stung by a scorpion and a brown recluse (not all at once :smile:).

Last Sunday working in the yard a 8" centipede went up my arm (you never saw anyone jerk THAT fast). :eek:

So while everyone grabs their camera humming "the Circle of Life"......I'll be heading for the can of Raid. :biggrin:

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Fascinating shot! Interesting that you used the 45-200 for that. I've done very little close up type work with that lens, although I did get a couple of fairly detailed flower shots with it when I was just playing around when it was new. Interested in roughly what distance you were from the subject(s) and about what focal length you ended up using?

7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You got one very nice and intriguing shot there Ian. Thanks for posting it. Unfortunately, if it were in my backyard i probably wouldn't have gone for the camera but hairspray and a gas lighter:smile:

I've come very close to grief with deadly Redbacks and that has tainted my attitude to these many legged creatures. But hey, in a static picture they're fine!

8. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Cool! I've never seen anything like that.
  9. thekeddi

thekeddi Mu-43 Rookie

May 17, 2010
  10. Bill H

Bill H Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2010
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Great capture. It's always good to keep a camera near by. Thanks for sharing the shot.