Baby Smiles

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by TimA, May 7, 2010.

1. ...I need to participate here more often...

There's nothing like a genuine innocent smile from a 6 month old!">

GF1 with the 20mm f/1.7. Always have it handy for candid shots like this!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    aaawwwwwwww :smile:
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    There's always the outside possibility it could just be gas...

But that doesn't make it any less CUTE!!! :smile:

4. At that age, even gas is cute... Well... Ok. Maybe not for the parents who deal with it all the time but for everyone else :)
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

What a face she has and those eyes!! What a little cutie pie. If she is not your daughter you'd better be sure to give a print of this photograph to her parents.:biggrin:

P.S. And you are correct Tim, you do need to be involved here on a more regular basis.:thumbup:
  6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey she's very cute. And those eyes! They're gonna be an attractive lure in her teenage years;-)
  7. chris.j.sorensen

chris.j.sorensen Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2010
    Freehold, NJ
    What a beautiful picture. I've got a 6 month old daughter myself. What did you do with this photo as far as PP goes?
  8. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Wat een schaatje!
  9. Hi,

This was a combination of doing initial PP in Lightroom 2 using at least 2 Photoshop Actions by Florabella Collection (awesome actions and textures) as a starting point, then going in, tweaking the different layers and some careful masking, then popping back into Lightroom for some final touches.

Here's a "before and after".">

So's heavily PP'd but not as much as some others out there. The original you see there is the RAW file straight out of GF1 so that's why it looks worse than it actually was. But the JPG preview on the back of the camera had good color so I knew I had enough image info to work with.

Oh, and this is a friend's daughter and they got the digital copy at least, thinking about getting a print for them. They popped this up on their Facebook page to rave reviews :) Always flattering when that happens!