1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Baby carrier backpack + which camera bag?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by rcky, Apr 10, 2012.

1. rcky

rcky Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2011
    Washington state
    Hi all,

I bought a baby carrier backpack to go on short hikes with my kid (something like this: Kelty Journey 2.0 Frame Child Carrier - Free Shipping at REI.com).
    Now, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what type of camera bag would work well with the backpack. I will probably bring my GH1, 25/1.4, 14-42 kit lens and an Oly 40-150.
    I'd appreciate any suggestions.

TIA!

r

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Your best bet is probably a beltpack. Maybe something like LowePro's Field Station. That would allow you to access the bag with the child carrier on.

I don't have any personal experience with this particular LowePro bag (or with any other "beltpack" or "fanny pack" models), but that's what I'd be looking for.

3. songs2001

songs2001 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    I would get a chest pack rather than a waist pack. You can get packs that strap on to the back pack front straps.

4. rcky

rcky Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2011
    Washington state
    Thanks for the suggestions.

That LowePro looks very interesting. I've never seen one of those. However, I think it might interfere with the waist strap of the baby carrier.

I think I'll go check out some chest packs.

Thx.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.