B&W printer recommendation

Discussion in 'Printing' started by cantseecaliforniafromhere, Jan 31, 2011.

1. cantseecaliforniafromhere

cantseecaliforniafromhere New to Mu-43

Jan 19, 2011
    Lunenburg, NS
    Hi all,
    I just unpacked my Epson R220 from its moving box where it has lived for many many months now. I'm afraid the dried ink all over the place has likely killed it. What is its equivalent for B&W these days? I'm not printing bigger than 8x10 in the near to mid-term and can't spend much. The R220 was somewhat of a quality bargain when it was available new, and I'm hoping there is something close to it now. I'm not married to Epson either, and liked the output with MIS inks. HP? Canon? Another Epson?
  2. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Costco Nearby?

I think you are in Canada? By chance, do you have a Costco store in your area? I once owned printers. The cost of good ink and paper was getting too expensive. Than, I discovered Costco. The print quality is excellent, and you cannot beat the prices. I can get an 11 x 14 or 12 x18 for $2.99. A 12 x36 is $4.99.

Walk in service is less than 1 hour, or I can send in via their web site and pick it up whenever it's convenient for me.

There is no way you can do it that cheap at home, and they use real photographic paper, NOT ink jet that will fade with time.

Something to consider if they are near by.
  3. BobBill

BobBill Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    MN USA
    Bob Hively-Johnson

Why go through all the baloney? I put pic files on disks and take them to local shop and use metal frames I buy on-line from American Frame. One less item to worry about and clutter up my already cluttered desk area. Now, scanner is different story.