B&W in a (nearly) abandoned office

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Was playing around a bit today with my newish Pen-F, experimenting with the camera's monochrome mode as well as with a square frame.

I was going for an abstract quality with most of these.

OI000031.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OI000021.JPG

OI000016.JPG

OI000029.JPG

OI000022.JPG

OI000015.JPG

OI000027.JPG

OI000013.JPG

I've concluded that when used this way, especially with the O17 f/1.8 mounted, the camera is basically an Olympus X100F.

C&C welcome.

- K

Last edited:
Nice series. The low exposure gives a gloomy feeling that goes well together with an abandoned office. At the same time I wonder how some of these photos would turn out with a bit higher exposure...

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Nice series. The low exposure gives a gloomy feeling that goes well together with an abandoned office. At the same time I wonder how some of these photos would turn out with a bit higher exposure...
Good thought. I didn't really notice that they're all a bit dark. I was mostly just looking for textures.

These are JPEGs straight out of camera. I may pull some of these into LR and see if bumping up the exposure a bit makes a difference in that gloomy mood.

- K

Real Name
Phill
A great set, especially numbers 2,3,6 and 7 are kind of my style to be honest. I also tend to underexpose with my Pen-F, especially using Monochrome mode, at the same time however, I actually enjoy a bit moore gloomy or moody/gritty look in my images, which is something Mono2 with some grain added is pretty good at.
The Pen-F and the 17mm f1.8 are really made for each other, no wonder Olympus initially choose to make a kit with both pieces of equipment: It's compact, pretty light, feels high-quality and matches each other well.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom