B+W Art Filter On EM-5

Alpha Whiskey Photography

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I wanted to share some images taken with the B+W Art Filter on the EM-5. I must say, I quite like the way the camera has rendered them, particularly the high contrast. I chose to use this filter because the sky over London during our photo walk around St Paul's was overcast (lending images to a B+W treatment), and I have shot London to death and wanted to try something new. I always usually shoot RAW, but the camera captures these B+W images as JPEGs, which saves one having to process them afterwards. But the camera also saves each image as an original RAW file too, which I think is enormously handy. Anyway, if you have used any of these in-camera Art filters please do share, and if not, do try them out; you may be pleasantly surprised.
It may seem a little lazy, or even a cheat, to get the camera to apply the filter for you, but you still have to pay attention to composition and subject before taking the shot. Had I chosen to make them B+W after the fact I would have had to process them myself anyway, and letting the camera do it in its pleasing way simply saves me some time.
Regards,
AW.

All shot with the Olympus 12-40mm F/2.8.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MORE HERE

tomO2013

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice job! I really like the grain B&W filter myself too. I think your portrait at the end of the set came out really great and totally suits the processing that the camera has applied.
There is also something really cool about only worrying about composition and just letting the camera do it's thing.

beameup

Mu-43 Regular
"Dynamic Tone" Art Filter renders good b&w when you switch it from color to b&w.

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
There is also something really cool about only worrying about composition and just letting the camera do it's thing.
Couldn't agree more. I'm totally hooked to SOOC JPEG B&W images right now. I use Monotone setting with +2 contrast and +1 sharpness. And just can't stop using this setting and 'downgrade' back to color :). Of course I shoot RAW+JPEG if I change my mind....

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

Jan68

Mu-43 Regular
Love that filter. Use it quite a but, just recently on my top-model...... EM5 with 17 1.8

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom