B-More Canon/E-P1 Shooter

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by MadDawgJ, Jul 21, 2011.

1. MadDawgJ

MadDawgJ New to Mu-43

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Hello all,
    So the long and short of it all is that I am a Canon fanatic (I collect Canon 35mm SLRs and Rangefinders and have almost one working version of each model) and shoot their digitals. Never thought I would own and enjoy a non-Canon, but I got tired of waiting for them to join the m4/3 party, love the features and looks of the PENs and since I shoot in manual the G and S series from Canon don't cut it for me. So while we where discussing plans for our vacation the girl stated that I was not allowed to carry the big dSLR around with me when we went. Of course I heard that as: "Honey, you deserve a new camera, you should buy a smaller travel camera for yourself" :biggrin: So I bought the E-P1 and some accessories for a travel camera and also for some street style portraits. (I have found people relax more and are more natural with a smaller camera than a large SLR in their face)

Anyways that's my story (and I'm sticking to it) in a nutshell. I'm always up to talking camera stuff, so feel free to hit me up here, or you can find me on G+ and occasionally Twitter and around the WWW.

• Like Like x 3
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Welcome! Love my EP1, but I was also loving Canon (not a collector like yourself, but I just really found their lenses and bodies very second nature -- still have a 5D).

If Canon ever releases one of these, it will be hard not to switch the next day. We'll see. But I love my Oly!
  3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    You Dawg. :thumbup:

I like the 17mm & optical viewfinder with mine.