1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

B-More Canon/E-P1 Shooter

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by MadDawgJ, Jul 21, 2011.

1. MadDawgJ

MadDawgJ New to Mu-43

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Hello all,
    So the long and short of it all is that I am a Canon fanatic (I collect Canon 35mm SLRs and Rangefinders and have almost one working version of each model) and shoot their digitals. Never thought I would own and enjoy a non-Canon, but I got tired of waiting for them to join the m4/3 party, love the features and looks of the PENs and since I shoot in manual the G and S series from Canon don't cut it for me. So while we where discussing plans for our vacation the girl stated that I was not allowed to carry the big dSLR around with me when we went. Of course I heard that as: "Honey, you deserve a new camera, you should buy a smaller travel camera for yourself" :biggrin: So I bought the E-P1 and some accessories for a travel camera and also for some street style portraits. (I have found people relax more and are more natural with a smaller camera than a large SLR in their face)

Anyways that's my story (and I'm sticking to it) in a nutshell. I'm always up to talking camera stuff, so feel free to hit me up here, or you can find me on G+ and occasionally Twitter and around the WWW.

-Justin

• Like Like x 3
  2. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome! Love my EP1, but I was also loving Canon (not a collector like yourself, but I just really found their lenses and bodies very second nature -- still have a 5D).

If Canon ever releases one of these, it will be hard not to switch the next day. We'll see. But I love my Oly!

3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    You Dawg. :thumbup:

I like the 17mm & optical viewfinder with mine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.