1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

B&H Shipping Update for 40-150 PRO Lens

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by newphoto, Dec 2, 2014.

1. newphoto

newphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    B&H customer service told me this morning that Olympus has notified them that they will be receiving a number of the new lenses by mid December. They expect to be able to fill all orders placed in September or October, and perhaps more than that. Just thought I would keep you all up to date.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    Great!

3. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    Wish I had ordered before 11/3!

4. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    This is the first time I have pre-ordered anything, I think it's more stressful!

5. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    So here is the thing. If B&H is getting some of these soon that likely means some other places are too, and they probably have fewer pre-orders to fill or may have already filled all theirs. So if you are really desperate start calling smaller stores and find out if they are getting more stock soon or get on their list.

6. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    11-17 was my order but I just ordered from a vendor on Ebay that swears
    to be shipping on Friday...... I've been given a tracking number but all that
    means is that they printed a label....... we shall see.

7. m43happy

m43happy Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I got tired of waiting and cancelled my B&H and Adorama orders for the lens and TC respectively... I'm kind of relieved that the $1800+ are still in my bank :smile:

9. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    I have a credit with BH so i gotta wait. Not sure ill pre order the next two of the series.

10. newphoto

newphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    Did you actually receive the lens? I am wary as they want you to pay BEFORE you learn whether or not it is in stock with PayPal ONLY (no credit cards).

• Like Like x 1
  11. m43happy

m43happy Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    Yeah, received it two days later (paid like $10 for USPS 2-day priority). I called prior to ordering and the guy said "yes, we have a few on shelves right now". Plus their website shows if something is in stock or if it is backordered (but yeah call to verify and make sure is what I'd advise). I've physically been to the store before too. Not that it matters, but this was my first time ordering from them online. It's the 2nd biggest camera store in Washington next to Glazers camera.

• Like Like x 1
  12. newphoto

newphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    Thank You Micro4/3Happy,
    I ordered the lens from Kenmore and it should be here by Friday! No more waiting on B&H Photo! Pretty exciting!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. m43happy

m43happy Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    Yeah, I got tired of waiting on B&H/Adorama, especially when I was seeing people getting that lens in already from smaller stores.

14. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    What's the deal with only taking Paypal?

15. newphoto

newphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    They don't charge you until the lens is shipped. At least PayPal gives them a verified address and probably cuts down on fraud.

• Like Like x 1
  16. evilnim

evilnim Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Birmingham
    Anyone know if there's anywhere in the UK with stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

17. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    I never pre-order anything, I have always gone in and was able to pick up what I wanted because someone had pre-ordered something and did not pick it u after they were contacted. I hate the frustration of waiting when I want something and have to wait till other pre-orders are filled. I just contact some of the smaller retailers and usually find what I wanted in stock because someone else did not go through with their order and the salesman that I usually work with know what I want and usually give me a call when a pre-order is not picked up.

18. newphoto

newphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    Got it this morning. Really a nice looking, well built lens. Unfortunately it is raining in Oklahoma, but I am going to use it tonite to photography my granddaughter's dance recital.

19. RKStarr

RKStarr Mu-43 Regular

For two days my B&H order from (Oct 7 and paid for at that time) has shown the lens "In stock: order sent to warehouse."

By the way, have any of the teleconverters shipped? The status of mine remains backordered.

My this is tedious. I certainly couldn't run my business the Olympus way.

20. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    Mine is shipping from an ebay seller in California...... I cancelled my
    B&H order. NEXT...... teleconverter...... ;-)