B&H Shipping Update for 40-150 PRO Lens

newphoto

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Colin
B&H customer service told me this morning that Olympus has notified them that they will be receiving a number of the new lenses by mid December. They expect to be able to fill all orders placed in September or October, and perhaps more than that. Just thought I would keep you all up to date.

RMills

Mu-43 Regular
This is the first time I have pre-ordered anything, I think it's more stressful!

kwalsh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
So here is the thing. If B&H is getting some of these soon that likely means some other places are too, and they probably have fewer pre-orders to fill or may have already filled all theirs. So if you are really desperate start calling smaller stores and find out if they are getting more stock soon or get on their list.

hodad66

Mu-43 Top Veteran
11-17 was my order but I just ordered from a vendor on Ebay that swears
to be shipping on Friday...... I've been given a tracking number but all that
means is that they printed a label....... we shall see.

silver92b

Mu-43 All-Pro
I got tired of waiting and cancelled my B&H and Adorama orders for the lens and TC respectively... I'm kind of relieved that the $1800+ are still in my bank :smile:

RMills

Mu-43 Regular
I have a credit with BH so i gotta wait. Not sure ill pre order the next two of the series.

newphoto

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Colin

m43happy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Did you actually receive the lens? I am wary as they want you to pay BEFORE you learn whether or not it is in stock with PayPal ONLY (no credit cards).
Yeah, received it two days later (paid like $10 for USPS 2-day priority). I called prior to ordering and the guy said "yes, we have a few on shelves right now". Plus their website shows if something is in stock or if it is backordered (but yeah call to verify and make sure is what I'd advise). I've physically been to the store before too. Not that it matters, but this was my first time ordering from them online. It's the 2nd biggest camera store in Washington next to Glazers camera.

newphoto

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Colin
Thank You Micro4/3Happy,
I ordered the lens from Kenmore and it should be here by Friday! No more waiting on B&H Photo! Pretty exciting!!!

MrPhotoBob

Mu-43 Veteran
I never pre-order anything, I have always gone in and was able to pick up what I wanted because someone had pre-ordered something and did not pick it u after they were contacted. I hate the frustration of waiting when I want something and have to wait till other pre-orders are filled. I just contact some of the smaller retailers and usually find what I wanted in stock because someone else did not go through with their order and the salesman that I usually work with know what I want and usually give me a call when a pre-order is not picked up.

newphoto

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Colin
Thank You Micro4/3Happy,
I ordered the lens from Kenmore and it should be here by Friday! No more waiting on B&H Photo! Pretty exciting!!!
Got it this morning. Really a nice looking, well built lens. Unfortunately it is raining in Oklahoma, but I am going to use it tonite to photography my granddaughter's dance recital.

RKStarr

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rick
For two days my B&H order from (Oct 7 and paid for at that time) has shown the lens "In stock: order sent to warehouse."

By the way, have any of the teleconverters shipped? The status of mine remains backordered.

My this is tedious. I certainly couldn't run my business the Olympus way.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom