1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

B&H Photo 50% off DXO Optics software

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by bikerhiker, Nov 12, 2015.

1. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    • Like Like x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. siftu

siftu Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    siftu
    I did my own testing on the denoise with dxo before I went ahead and got this deal.. I'm impressed. Both of these have been edited in LR. one LR and DXO. This was taken at iso 3200 on my E-M5 ii. A feeder was cloned out in PS and the white balance seems a little difference. The main point is how much more detail DXO gets. The images should be clickable to make them larger.

LR Only with my best efforts

SRWH7W9h.

DXO Prime + LR

pvKPlaRh.

Here is a 1:1 with LR only (right) + straight out of DXO (left)

xkUSBOBh.

After seeing this I purchased it.

3. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    Yeap; amazing detail you could get from this software. It gave me a new lease on life with my Olympus E-5 and making the E-P5 ISO 6400 and 8000 very doable..

4. piggsy

piggsy Mu-43 All-Pro

Finding this kind of a mess to google and sorry if it's a dumb question - how does this do when you take away its EXIF? IIRC this software does a great deal of stuff through EXIF and lens profiles, how does it handle throwing vintage lenses / non-native modern lenses onto m43?

5. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    DXO made the profiles for the supported lenses. For non-supported lenses, then the benefits aren't as much but you still get PRIME noise reduction which what makes HIGH-ISO shots like what's above sharp and detailed. I use it also with my Bower 14mm f/2.8 with a speedbooster and get the same sharp detailed output at high ISOs.

6. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    SOCAL
    You also get 3 computer installs with the Elite and 2 installations with the Essential

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I see the FilmPack are also included in the sale. I find DxO Filmpack to have absolutely stunning B+W film simulations.

8. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You may try downloading a demo and seeing how it handles the kind of images you have in mind.

Also, for non US customers, it looks like DxO offers same pricing via their website for download purchases.

https://shop.dxo.com/login.php?Country=International

9. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    I picked it up the last time it was on sale for $99.

10. roelwillems

roelwillems Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Roel Willems
    Did some testing and I'm amazed by the quality DxO. The example shown by siftu really shows it's quality.

It starts adding up to the workflow though.. Apple photos as a catch-all basket and backup, selective images go trough DxO and then in to Lightroom which also is the library for finished work.