1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

B&H Listing E-PM2 Kits as Available Tomorrow, Friday October 12. Body Only Expected October 23.

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Update: It didn't happen. See here: https://www.mu-43.com/f110/e-pm2-kits-available-today-34778/

------

According to the B&H product pages, the E-PM2 kits (with 14-42mm lens) are expected to be available tomorrow, Friday October 12.

8078523872_4a98f5797a_o.

E-PL5 kits are expected to be available on October 23, and body only versions of both cameras are not given a specific date.

Here's a direct link to pre-order the E-PM2: Olympus E-PM2 | B&H Photo Video

With a little luck, they will ship out tomorrow!

Note: B&H won't charge you for a pre-order until they ship, unless you pay with PayPal in which case they charge when you place the order.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Which are you getting?

3. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I don't need a second body.. I don't need a second body. But if I do, I'm definitely using the link. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Body only e-pm2 is already available here in western Canada. Body only for $475, and w/kit lense $570. E-pl5 body only $610 and w/kit lense $650. E-pl5 is not in stock yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Which store in Canada has body only for $475? Olympus Canada lists body only for $550 as do Henry's and Vistek.

I'm getting silver E-PM2 with kit lens. I need another kit lens. Really I do. Has nothing to do with the earlier shipping date.

6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    The E-PM2 sounds like it will be a great camera. I think I'll wait this one out though. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to pick these bodies up fairly cheap in the next couple months!

7. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Saneal camera, but they won't ship outside Canada. I could possibly pick one p and ship it to you if you want.

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'm gonna stick with B&H, but thanks for the offer!

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Next couple months is IMO unlikely. Most of these cameras take 6 months before the prices drop substantially.

10. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I'm not sure about that. I got E-PM1 4 months after release, and it was only about $60 less than the original MSRP. On the other hand, wait a year or so and I bet the E-PM2 will be selling for $300 or less for the body...

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The E-PM1 release was in November, and the first significant deals were around June IIRC. It's safe to say that a year after release there will be major savings, not to mention refurbs available, etc.

12. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Wasn't the original MSRP on the E-PM1 $500? They did knock $100 off and started selling them for $400 in December, but I'm sure that was just a Christmas thing and had nothing to do with a natural drop in price. ;) A year later it seems the MSRP is now at $400 with discounts bringing it down to $320-330 in my area. I think that's a substantial drop from $500 on release.

Everything about the Saneal deal is just... Wow! From having it in stock before B&H, to having body-only in stock, to bringing it out at $75 below the national MSRP! Wow...

BTW Grinch, did you pick one of these up yet? I know I wouldn't be able to resist if I were in Calgary...

13. kriskerry91

kriskerry91 Mu-43 Regular

E-PM2 at that price isn't actually bad at all. It's brand new so it's is obviously going to be abit pricey but the spec is very good. If i wanted the E-M5 but couldn't afford it i'd go for this at half the price!

14. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Actually it was announced in June and began shipping in September. By Nov. there were discounts of 15% or so.

True, but if you add in the EVF, it's a fair bit more than half - $780 vs. $960 or so for camera and kit lens.

15. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I'll be curious to see what the new sensor does for pricing over time. The last versions with the the 12MP sensor were way overprice at release, so the fall was more severe. The first gen Sony sensor cams are priced a bit more realistically and should have a greater shelf life.

While it is nice to buy super cheap bodies a year after release, I think a little more stability would be a good thing for most of us. I don't want to feel stupid because of the crazy depreciation when buying a newly released camera .

16. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    Waiting impatiently for the E-PM2 body with my recently purchased VF-2

17. maf27

maf27 New to Mu-43

May 9, 2012
    Waiting for the E-PM2.

18. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    That's true, but that's the beauty of the accessory EVF is that it moves from camera to camera and the VF-2 is so high quality that it has yet to get outdated (unlike the Panasonic EVF). After half a dozen PEN cameras, I still use the same EVF. That's money in the bank.

But of course, that's not the main reason I choose the Mini + EVF combo... it's just so much smaller. I can pack it where I've never packed a camera before.

19. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    I like the sensor in EPM2. BUt I think I need to wait for the price drop.
    This time last year. EP3 kit was over $ 700.

20. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I'll wait for a refusrbished E-PM2 body from Cameta early next year at $300 easily