B&H has FL-300R in stock

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by zettapixel, Jul 14, 2011.

1. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    They sent me an email. I placed the order, will see how it goes.
    Neither Adorama nor Amazon seem to have it, but some sellers on Amazon say they do.

2. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Got it today, just the thing I wanted :smile: - folded it increases camera height by 22mm. Finally, a flash I won't have to put on and remove every time on the trips. Came with a soft pouch and a stand.
    Works on 2 AAA batteries. The manual says ~80 shots on regular AAA, ~130 on NiMH - not as bad as I thought (I use NiMH), considering how little space AAA batteries take. Charge time ~4.5-5.5 sec. Sucks of course, about what I expected.
    I'll try to do some tests later on... Need to learn how to use it correctly now.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'd love to know the recycle time. I've never been happy with 2 AA flash recycle times. My Canon EX440 has very nice recycle times. I wonder what a 3AA flash would be like.

4. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Charge time is what they seem to call recycle time in the manual. They specify ~4.5 sec for NiMH and ~5.5 sec for regular AAA. Very slow, but for me portability was the key.

5. tomjones_85

tomjones_85 New to Mu-43

Jul 18, 2011
    Hi, I can't get the flash to work on my e-pl2. Was it basically plug and play? I have RC set to off on the unit. But it seems my camera doesn't recognize it. No ttl-auto or manual modes are shown for the flash. I can't even force flash. But pressing the test/charge button works.. and also wireless flash works for me as well. I'm thinking either the flash or my camera is a lemon. My exact history with the FL-300r is here:
    e-pl2 fl-300r external flash help: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

6. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    For me it was, basically, plug and play. I have no idea what manual mode is, but it works on my e-p1, which should mean it's compatible with all pens. I would first suspect the contacts, could you check if they're in order?