B&H has FL-300R in stock

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by zettapixel, Jul 14, 2011.

1. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    They sent me an email. I placed the order, will see how it goes.
    Neither Adorama nor Amazon seem to have it, but some sellers on Amazon say they do.

2. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Got it today, just the thing I wanted :smile: - folded it increases camera height by 22mm. Finally, a flash I won't have to put on and remove every time on the trips. Came with a soft pouch and a stand.
    Works on 2 AAA batteries. The manual says ~80 shots on regular AAA, ~130 on NiMH - not as bad as I thought (I use NiMH), considering how little space AAA batteries take. Charge time ~4.5-5.5 sec. Sucks of course, about what I expected.
    I'll try to do some tests later on... Need to learn how to use it correctly now.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'd love to know the recycle time. I've never been happy with 2 AA flash recycle times. My Canon EX440 has very nice recycle times. I wonder what a 3AA flash would be like.

4. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Charge time is what they seem to call recycle time in the manual. They specify ~4.5 sec for NiMH and ~5.5 sec for regular AAA. Very slow, but for me portability was the key.

5. tomjones_85

tomjones_85 New to Mu-43

Jul 18, 2011
    Hi, I can't get the flash to work on my e-pl2. Was it basically plug and play? I have RC set to off on the unit. But it seems my camera doesn't recognize it. No ttl-auto or manual modes are shown for the flash. I can't even force flash. But pressing the test/charge button works.. and also wireless flash works for me as well. I'm thinking either the flash or my camera is a lemon. My exact history with the FL-300r is here:
    e-pl2 fl-300r external flash help: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

6. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    For me it was, basically, plug and play. I have no idea what manual mode is, but it works on my e-p1, which should mean it's compatible with all pens. I would first suspect the contacts, could you check if they're in order?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.