1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

B&H: EM-5, Add Battery, Lose Place in Line

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nueces snapper, Apr 4, 2012.

1. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Finally B&H has the BLN-1 for the EM5 in stock. It is $60. Since I pre-orderd the grip I needed an extra battery and I always have at least 2 batteries for my cameras anyway so I gulped hard and mashed the add to cart button.

Today I called them up to see if they could send me the newly ordered battery along with the camera and accessories I had preordered. I was informed that if they did this I would lose my place in line. Ridiculous. :mad:

I also asked them about my original order status. They could not give me any info as to my particular place in the group who had pre-ordered. Just the standard "due in 16 of April". They had no information on the accessories I ordered ( grip and flash ) as to when they would get them. The rep I spoke with hinted at least that the accessories might come much later.

I am officially bugged. :cool:

2. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Why not just create a new order for the extra battery?

3. rajeshr

rajeshr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Really? They modified my EM-5 order (added a flash) without me losing my place in line!!!

You should call back and speak to another sales rep.

4. dino8031

dino8031 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2012
    Boulder, Colorado
    Better make it fast. B&H is closed for Passover from April 6th to the 15th.

That might be why they keep telling you the EM-5 ships on the 16th....

5. nueces snapper

Yeah, I did but I live 23 miles from the nearest very small town and though my UPS guy is great I often have to drive to the town and meet him as I hate him having to drive out here ( way off his normal route ). So if I could get everything together it would be a big help.

Additionally I still don't see this battery in the accessories tab along with the EM5 listings. You have to go to the camera battery section. :cool:

6. nueces snapper

hmmmmmmmmmmm

7. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    at least you can order the battery for real now, heh.

but $60, ugh. Hopefully 3rd party batteries fully work so a tertiary battery won't be so expensive.

8. sohcsleeper

sohcsleeper Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    if you preordered using paypal then they will not be able to add with out losing your place

9. nueces snapper

No I did not. And when I spoke with the rep I had already paid for the additional battery with my credit card. I just love good customer service. It makes me feel so 'valued'.

10. RichA

RichA Mu-43 Regular

Mar 28, 2012
    B&H: High prices and questionable service

I particularly like their predatory shipping charges for small items. Canadian store body prices are either as good or better now, but accessories are still cheaper from the U.S.

Nikon D800 - Canada and Cross-Border Price Comparison - photoprice.ca

11. bongestrella

bongestrella Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I don't know. I added the flash with mail-in rebate weeks after I preordered, called back to change the credit card to be used, and just this afternoon called back again to change the shipping address; none of which put me back down the preorder list, at least that is what all three sales rep told me.

12. Phoque

Phoque Mu-43 Regular

Sep 18, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Modern comfort world frustration. Funny how when control slips out of our hyper controlled world we get miffed. I'm not excluding myself :tongue:

13. nueces snapper

I suppose that's one way to think of it. Personally I feel it has more to do with high price and uncaring impersonal service.

14. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Olympus should include the battery with the grip for no added cost.
    I will not add it to my B&H pre-order ;-)