B&H DotD: Peak Design Everyday Messenger 13" V2 for $120

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
B&H is running another of their "Deals of the Day" on the Peak Design Everyday Messenger 13" V2. It's selling for $120, which is $100 off the normal price.

The PD bags seem to show up in these sales a few times every year, but I know some folks love these products, so I figured I'd share it.

Note that shipping might be delayed a week or more due to observance of Succos.

- K

Last edited:

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
That’s a good deal but be aware it’s not the latest version of their messenger bag, which looks like this:
1632376021731.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
PD Messenger (current version)

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
That’s a good deal but be aware it’s not the latest version of their messenger bag, which looks like this:
View attachment 909022 PD Messenger (current version)
I didn't realize they'd come out with a newer version; I thought it was just the original (neé V1) and the V2.

Their site just calls the one they have now the "current version" and I can't seem to find any comparisons or reviews online that indicate the "V2" has been replaced. Do you know what the differences are?

- K

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
I didn't realize they'd come out with a newer version; I thought it was just the original (neé V1) and the V2.

Their site just calls the one they have now the "current version" and I can't seem to find any comparisons or reviews online that indicate the "V2" has been replaced. Do you know what the differences are?

- K
They made some minor changes to the original version of the messenger bag, which was available in 13 or 15 sizes, including a different material for the pouches in the small front pocket and a luggage pass through. That was called the V2 when it came out and appears to be the version in the offer you linked above (still a good bag and good offer). You can still find the odd review of that iteration if you’re careful with your search criteria: sample review.

More recently they revamped the whole everyday line to brand it as V2 and this included the flagship backpacks (still 2 sizes), new zip backpack (2 sizes), messenger (now only in one size), a new tote pack, tote bag and slings (now 3 sizes). At this time the messenger bag got a substantial overhaul as shown in the ‘current version’ on their website. The official PD marketing material for this iteration is available on their website here.

So the versioning on the Messenger got messy as it was aligned with the rest of the Everyday range for the V2 launch. A similar thing happened with the Field Pouch line which also had minor changes between the original and the new V2.

Latest threads

Top Bottom