B&H: Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mk II for $139 After Rebate (Usually $439)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    B&H Photo is offering $100 instant savings until July 21 on the PIXMA Pro9000 Mk II, which combined with a $200 mail-in rebate brings the price to $139.

That's $139 for a printer that will produce stunning 13 x 19" prints :eek:.

Direct link: PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II at B&H Photo

7579079746_f7865a10b3_z.

Snapshot of Amazon reviews for this printer:

7579119758_1f6053cd9d_o.

[Thanks carpandean]

Direct link (again): PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II at B&H Photo

Link to download rebate form: Canon rebate form

Note about the rebates: I've done mail-in rebates with Canon products and have received the rebate payments in each case. However, unless something has changed, Canon uses 3rd party companies to handle their rebate processing, and a lot of people have had issues, so be sure to make copies of everything before you send in your rebate!

• Like Like x 3
  2. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    Use this printer at work, and it produces amazing prints. But like any photo printer, maintenance and ink/toner costs are always considerably more than the printer itself.

3. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Bargain I use one .. it cost alot more in Aus.

You can refill the tanks with near OEM quality Ink very easy to do and reset the ink levels with a re-seter to save money.
    For non OEM refills inks I use a colormuki to calibrate the paper / ink to a profile for Adobe

Its not USB 3 and does not have a LAN port

B&W considered not quite as good as comparable EPSON model (They use several grey ink tanks.)
    Color is equally as good as the best EPSON
    The head if clogged is replaceable (Not on EPSON)

Its not the best for text

Some color fading (depends on paper)
    Ilford Gallerie is the best OR Kodak Ultra Prem. Pro

• Like Like x 1
  4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I talked my boss into getting one at work. I do the graphics/photography/audio/video for a children's ministry. I am still trying to get a 24 inch wide bed but this will help fill the gap until then{especially since the old color laser just died - I hated that thing!}. Of coarse I can use it for private projects if I buy the ink/paper.

5. speedandstyle

Still some time to get one of these! I am very pleased so far with mine.

Only done a couple of projects but it prints wonderfully. The colors are great and every detail pops. One thing though make sure you have lots of space to place it as this isn't a little printer.

Not happy about the paper I ordered though as UPS dropped the package at some point and ended up bending the corner of the box which ended up bending the corner of each sheet of paper. I would have returned it but I just had to try out the printer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. moffo

moffo Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 25, 2011
    Central Texas
    Hey, and it has even dropped a few bucks to $328.50. (But I'm an Epson guy, myself...)

7. speedandstyle

I prefer Epson myself but at the price it is worth it. I just clicked on the link and the deal has changed. Right now it is $228.50 after rebate but B&H are throwing in a 50 sheet pack of glossy paper for free. Still a good deal if you like glossy, I prefer matt or satin myself.