1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

B&H cancels preorders for silver G5

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by DHart, Aug 13, 2012.

1. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    :frown:

Just a week from expected delivery of my preordered silver G5s (one for me and one for my wife) I receive an email from B&H informing me that my order was cancelled and B&H won't carry the silver G5 (at least not for now). DANG.

I'm really disappointed as I love the looks of the silver G5. Of course a black one will still get the job done, but another black camera borers me just a bit. It would be interesting to know why the silver G5 orders were cancelled. Perhaps the delivery time from Panasonic on the silver bodies has been delayed significantly or something like that.

2. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    I just checked Amazon, and they also dropped the silver and the white. All they are listing now is the black. (I changed my order to black last week.)

ETA: after I wrote that, I realized that I hadn't gone through the affiliates link when I reordered. I just canceled and reordered so the forum will get their cut. Hope it doesn't delay my order!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChipThome

ChipThome Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2011
    That sounds more like those won't be imported and possibly kept for the Asian market where they may sell better.

4. buffy1270

buffy1270 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 30, 2010
    Just saw that Adorama still has white, black and silver in body only as well as with lens still available for preorder.

5. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Very interesting, buffy, thank you.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks, Kristi!

7. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I just got an email from B&H sales that the body-only version of the G5 won't be available "initially". That means I have to buy that crappy 14-42mm zoom if I want the body, and since I already have a 14-45 and a 12-35, I need that lens like a fish needs a bicycle.

Amazon does have the black body-only listed for pre-order, and I ordered one this morning through our affiliate link here, but I'm not holding my breath for when they'll have one and ship it to me.

8. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    Just paying my dues...

9. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Tsunami

10. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Gary... You're thinking the effects of the tsunami are impacting the silver bodies specifically? How so?

11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Not really, but for a while nearly all of the ills from that end of the world was blamed on the tsunami ... so I just went with the flow (so to speak).

12. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Ah... Gotcha... The humor went right over my head.

13. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    You are very kind to call it humor.