1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

B and H sent me a email about the 300mm pro

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by microfourthirdsnut, Dec 23, 2015.

1. microfourthirdsnut

microfourthirdsnut Mu-43 Regular

Oct 8, 2012
    Discontinued. Sounds crazy, I have bin waiting for it for so long. If this was April 1st I would laugh. But my email was from them. I am sad.

I can only hope this was a error from B and H but not going to hold my breath, maybe there was a issue with it and they decided it could not be released
    who knows.

I just went to the site and the 300mm pro lens is no longer there so must be true.
    All I can say is POOP.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. yendikeno

yendikeno Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    Yep, got the same email and came here to post about. Looks like you beat me to it. Email said it was "discontinued" - wonder what exactly that means.

3. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Seems more likely it's a sku change. Did the original B&H item specific OIS? Maybe the spec has changed so an new entry will be created.

Let's hope they don't know something disappointing.

4. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    They discontinue the item before replacing it with a new one before it's released, this has happened with almost every lens to date.

5. microfourthirdsnut

Oct 8, 2012
    I hope you are right eteless. We just have to wait and see.

6. hoodlum

hoodlum Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    The good new is that B&H got official word of the new lens release. It looks like it will be coming in January.

7. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    I just saw a beautiful ad in my just arrived Outdoor Photography magazine with the 300 f/4 in the ad. It is coming.

8. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
  9. yendikeno

yendikeno Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    YES!!! :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  10. microfourthirdsnut

Oct 8, 2012
    Yes, there is a God. Very Happy I will be on the list for this one.

11. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    The Oly ads are running in several photo mags...talking about how you can get to the equivalent of 840mm on a 35mm by using the 300mm Pro and the TC. Note only B&H evidently sent out the misleading notice. I have not seen anyone saying they got such a note from the Olympus store, Adorama, Amazon, or other company.

12. BobbyTan

BobbyTan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 26, 2013
    Long Beach, CA
    That's because no one else had listed this lens on their website, other than B&H.