B and H sent me a email about the 300mm pro

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by microfourthirdsnut, Dec 23, 2015.

1. microfourthirdsnut

microfourthirdsnut Mu-43 Regular

Oct 8, 2012
    Discontinued. Sounds crazy, I have bin waiting for it for so long. If this was April 1st I would laugh. But my email was from them. I am sad.

I can only hope this was a error from B and H but not going to hold my breath, maybe there was a issue with it and they decided it could not be released
    who knows.

I just went to the site and the 300mm pro lens is no longer there so must be true.
    All I can say is POOP.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. yendikeno

yendikeno Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    Yep, got the same email and came here to post about. Looks like you beat me to it. Email said it was "discontinued" - wonder what exactly that means.

3. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Seems more likely it's a sku change. Did the original B&H item specific OIS? Maybe the spec has changed so an new entry will be created.

Let's hope they don't know something disappointing.

4. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    They discontinue the item before replacing it with a new one before it's released, this has happened with almost every lens to date.

5. microfourthirdsnut

Oct 8, 2012
    I hope you are right eteless. We just have to wait and see.

6. hoodlum

hoodlum Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    The good new is that B&H got official word of the new lens release. It looks like it will be coming in January.

7. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    I just saw a beautiful ad in my just arrived Outdoor Photography magazine with the 300 f/4 in the ad. It is coming.

8. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    • Like Like x 1
  9. yendikeno

yendikeno Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    YES!!! :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  10. microfourthirdsnut

Oct 8, 2012
    Yes, there is a God. Very Happy I will be on the list for this one.

11. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    The Oly ads are running in several photo mags...talking about how you can get to the equivalent of 840mm on a 35mm by using the 300mm Pro and the TC. Note only B&H evidently sent out the misleading notice. I have not seen anyone saying they got such a note from the Olympus store, Adorama, Amazon, or other company.

12. BobbyTan

BobbyTan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 26, 2013
    Long Beach, CA
    That's because no one else had listed this lens on their website, other than B&H.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.