Ayutthaya, Thailand

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by sokar, Dec 11, 2012.

1. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    All shots taken with EP1 / 17mm and EPM1 / 14-42mm kit lens. Post processing firstly in LR4 using Huelight profiles to give the old 12MP files a lift, and then completed Nik SEF 2.

The ruins here are in really poor condition. There is evidence of significant flood damage from the Thailand floods in the past year, and many structures are leaning badly. When I first looked at the images on the computer, I thought the RAW files had not converted fully and that there was signification barrel distortion, but that is not the case. If one studies the base of the structures they are sinking unevenly.

It is a real shame that this will be lost in the future. The site is vast and restoration would be extremely costly, and inaccurate due to the lack of detailed information available.

Ayutthaya.

Ayutthaya-2.

Ayutthaya-3.

Ayutthaya-4.

Ayutthaya-5.

Ayutthaya-6.

[​IMG]

Ayutthaya-8.

Ayutthaya-9.

Ayutthaya-10.

Ayutthaya-12.

Ayutthaya-13.

Ayutthaya-14.

Ayutthaya-15.

2. TDP

TDP Guest

Great shots! Have you ever been to the Sukhothai historical park? It is like this but older (I think) and very well maintained.

3. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words. No, not as yet. It is definitely on the to do list. Just finished photographing a Thai / Western wedding and 2 days of ceremonies for a young Thai man entering the Temple.

I have about 2,000 shots to get through, and then will be off again to play tourist again.

4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Sukothai is amazing. I was there last year for Loy Krathong; the light and sound show was wonderful We missed Ayuttuya, as it was still flooded when we were there, but your wonderul pictures make me want to go back to see it.

Love the B&W shots

5. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Good work on the B&W!

6. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    I think I'd like to see some of these in colour, but nice set