1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Awesome fashion photographer - EM5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gsciorio, Apr 19, 2012.

1. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 1
  3. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thank you. I think its time that the micro 4/3 system get noticed more that pros do use it and use it well.

The day of the big camera being necessary for most jobs is over in my opinion. I'm writing a post about workflow that I think will be well received.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yeah, that's pretty cool work. And I'm not just saying that 'cause he's shooting an OM-D. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I have so many opportunities to shoot fashion but I struggle with enjoying fashion overall. My father retired from that industry and I have a friend that produces major campaigns for the industry but I don't know; seeing the realities of it all as a kid with my father in Miami then growing up in a city that didn't know fashion, Phoenix, was a ying yang for me.

The fashion I love is by Bob Richardson. His work is so gritty and honest. I have a book on his work which is awesome. Poor man suffered from mental illness and when he ended up on the street he lost most of his negs.

His son BTW is Terry Richardson who shoots on a regular basis with the GF1.
    Terry Richardson's Diary

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    Thank you for posting, but I fail to see the significance of stating 'EM5'.

The shots could have been taken with any old camera.

My carry-arounds, a very old G7 and an old IXUS 100 could have produced equal if not better images given similar conditions.

7. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think most cameras since they hit 12mp (a reasonable print size) are all capable of producing awesome images at this point.

8. compujoe

compujoe New to Mu-43

Apr 19, 2012
    wow really good stuff

• Like Like x 1
  9. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Well he shot the photos with the em5 and very few professionals use micro 4/3 so it is significant. The more pros shoot with the system the more enthusiasts will be interested and overall the format will be better off. It gives credibility to the format overall.

• Like Like x 1