1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Autofocus Not Working. Ug.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by poetxpress, Jan 5, 2012.

1. poetxpress

poetxpress New to Mu-43

Jan 5, 2012
    Forum newbie here with an autofocus problem on the 14-42 zuiko lens on an epl-1. :frown: It seems to come and go... Have tried resetting, firmware upgrade, taking out battery, etc. Right now, when I press the button the lens rotates out to find the correct position but then immediately rotates back in to the start position (flush with the bronze ring). I can manually focus no problem.

Anyone had this problem and resolved it. I've had the camera for a few months now and it seems to only do this occasionally but its stuck doing it right now. Thanks for any help!!

2. poetxpress

poetxpress New to Mu-43

Jan 5, 2012
    FYI - talked to Olympus a minute ago and they had me clean the lens contacts with a lens cleaner cloth. Seems to be working now even though visual inspection didn't show anything on the contacts...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.