auto logon not working

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by PacNWMike, Jan 8, 2015.

1. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    Used to have the site set up to auto-logon when hit the link. Now I have to manually logon each time. Firefox used to automatically fill in the blanks and load the page already logged on but now I have to get it started with both the name and password before it will complete.This happened about the time the site went down for a few hours but don't know if this was a coincidence or not.

Firefox3405
    Win7x64

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Sometimes when this happens, you can lose your cookies (on your computer etc) that retain your login details. You need to check that these cookies are allowed to stay resident.

[​IMG]

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I hate to lose my cookies.:alcoholic:

4. PacNWMike

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    cookies are saved so that's not the issue. ??

5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Maybe, but it sounds like the cookies aren't staying because I & others aren't having the same problem.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Are you checking the "Remember me" box before logging in?

7. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    For some reason I cannot log into the Olympus Camera forum but can on everything else. ???

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Clint, you mean you can't access that forum? What happens when you click on it?

9. JNB

JNB Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I found that it only LOOKS like my login failed, because the home page fails to update that fact (no welcome 'username', notifications, bold for threads that are updated, etc.). Once I choose another page, however, everything is as normal.

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    That has happened to me on other forums. Try clearing your browser cookies as well as cache, then go back to our home page, click "Remember me", and then login.

11. PacNWMike

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    Yes, checked.

When I click on _Username_ I get the correct name in a dropdown. Then click on password and it auto fills in. Not a big deal but before I was already logged on without any input from me. Still works like that on other forums I frequent. Firefox is set to save mu-43 cookies. Are there cookies from another URL that I need to save as well?