1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Auto-Focus Beep E-M5 II

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mronen, Apr 15, 2019 at 10:22 AM.

1. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    The Auto-Focus Beep which confirms focus, on the E-M5 II, is quite loud sometimes, and weak other times. Does the beep loudness have any significance, like 'quality of focus' or anything else?

Thanks,
    Moshe

2. robcee

robcee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2016
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Rob Campbell
    I’m going to go with “no” on that one. It’s one of the first things I turn off on a camera. :) 

3. That's the new Ai feature. It scans the scene and figures out how loud a beep would be annoying. And sometimes it does it wrong, just to be annoying. Clever robot. :0!!
    :) 

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TomasT

TomasT Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Nederlands,Rotterdam
    Tomas Titak
    Did you cover somehow hole from where sound goes out ?... search for it on camera body and do your testing how do you hold your camera in hands. and report back here. I am curious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    You are right Tomas, at least partially. When I hold the camera normally, the right thumb covers the speaker holes!

Moshe

6. TomasT

TomasT Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Nederlands,Rotterdam
    Tomas Titak
    At least we know that holes position on camera are not carefully choosen.
    Hope tjat in mark 3 we will see change for this.

Why dont you just turn off the sound for beep.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.