Australian Open

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Amin Sabet, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    How Henin produces such power out of a body that is so much smaller than nearly all the other top women is a real mystery. Yet her facial expression suggest that if the competition were hand to hand combat rather than tennis, she would have a real chance :biggrin:. Serena and Justine are two intense competitors.

Anyone else in the US have their alarm set for 03:30 Eastern Time?

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

We've got a DVR for free for another month or two, so we're watching the replay of what has already been played that will show tonight at 10pm, here in the USA on the east coast. If you missed it you can watch it tonight at about 10pm.

Does that make sense?

P.S. My husband says the Elena Dementieva seems so nice all the time that he couldn't even imagine her having an aggressive expression!

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    remember he is a proud Scot, not English

(in the past he has told "the English" that many times)

I'm from Yorkshire, so it dosn't bother me

4. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Makes a lot of sense, BB, but I'm unable to keep myself from checking scores on the web, and I want to watch the men's final without knowing who won. So... 3:30AM it is, for me. I'll be happy with either of those two winning.

5. BBW

Hey, I don't blame you and with all your experience at not getting enough sleep - you're a natural!

6. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Ain't that the truth!

7. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    My writing below is in white (highlight to read) in case anyone hasn't watched the match yet but is reading this thread anyway.

Poor Andy Murray! My heart really went out to him when he started to cry. Very gracious guy, always.

I'm a Federer fan because of the beauty of his game, but I think some of the other guys - Nadal and Murray included - are more likable on a personal level. What a game Federer has though.

8. BBW

I'm not reading!!!!!

9. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Better not check this thread anymore then, because someone else may post spoilers :wink:.

10. BBW

Well, Amin, the NY Times site just gave me the ultimate answer. I won't tell my husband who is still asleep.:wink: