1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Australia

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by MajorMagee, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Matt917k

Matt917k Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    Matt
    You'll hate it, the traffic in Sydney is particularly bad due to the current Kangaroo plagues we are experiencing and most of them don't use indicators when they change lanes. :smile:

2. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    Great to read about the drop bear zones. Surely they could have mentioned hoop snakes! Nasty buggers.....

3. Is anyone else seeing more drop bears than usual these days? I'm thinking that maybe the old bounty system that ran up until the late 90s needs to be reintroduced.

4. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Blah Drop Bears...never bothered me.
    What concerns me is the reports of a huge migration of the Bogan to Mount Panorama in the Bathhurst region last month. I think it's a annual thing.

5. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    Speaking of drop bears; did anyone else read the story on Ninemsn several weeks ago of an Asian couple being confronted by a very thirsty koala wanting water in Adelaide. The lady had a bottle of water in her hand and the koala ended up drinking from her hand and the bottle. In the end the husband had to lead the koala back to the tree by enticing him with another water bottle.

6. jeffg53

jeffg53 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Jeff Grant
    Those answers seemed spot on to me. It's good to see our tourism folks are keeping up the good work.

7. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Hmmm. Totally bogus. No mention, whatsoever of Bunyips.

Gordon

8. Matt917k

Matt917k Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    Matt
    I heard a rumor we might be getting the interweb soon....just need to work out the whole electronicity thing first.....

9. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Vegemite pasted behind your ears keeps the drop bears away.

• Like Like x 1
  10. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Actually this one is true, except for the asian couple part. It was a rural firefighter. The video is on youtube.

Gordon

11. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Just don't mess with the human statues in Australia!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v-l2zl85PHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>