Australia M5 12-40 kit for $899

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by youry, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2013
    Man whata deal!

2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Deal has been removed... someone posted this on ozbargain, probably too much demand. I was tempted to pick this up and resell the body, but now there's no need to bother...

3. I rang them up today and asked them what were the chances of receiving the camera by the cut-off date for the cash back offer and they said they already had 14 on backorder and no guarantee of being able to ship them before the 18th July.

4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    it's back up there now.... Should I pull the trigger?

5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

U should , I have ordered one already . Infact I called them in the morning and asked them about the deal . The salesman said that system had removed the deal as product was out of stock but put it back again .
    Cheers

6. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Nick , even without cash back , its a good deal. However , they said that they will issue an invoice before 30th June and we can can claim cash back .I am not sure how its gonna work. For me its fine even if I dont get any cash back . I wanted this combo and I got it .I am happy now .
    Cheers

7. Oh yes, it's still a great deal. $1099 is their list price for the lens on it's own. When I rang them up I also confirmed that they would use the payment date on the receipt as opposed to the date they received the stock, what they couldn't confirm was that you'd receive the camera by the last date to lodge the cash back claim (18th July).

8. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    you'll need the camera serial number to lodge the claim right? hmmm...not sure if it's worth the risk if you don't get the camera in time.

9. It might be worth phoning them tomorrow. The fact that they removed the ad after I phoned them and then reinstated it with the additional info about the cash back offer might be coincidental or might mean they now have more confidence in fulfilling orders on time.

10. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Just put in an order. Hopefully it arrives in time.

11. mmw

mmw Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 9, 2014
    I clicked on the link and got this:

Kaspersky
    Internet Security
    ACCESS DENIED
    The requested URL cannot be provided

URL:

http://gerrygibbscamerawarehouse.com.au/

Blocked by Web Anti-Virus

Reason: dangerous URL

Click here if you believe that the web page has been blocked mistakenly.

Detection method: databases
    Message generated at: 13:45:44

12. Your anti-virus software must be over cautious. It is a legitimate site/business; my E-P5 was purchased from them last year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Redwing24

Redwing24 New to Mu-43

Jul 6, 2014
    south dakota
    matt
    will they ship to US??