audio / video sync issues premiere pro

Barry Byrne

New to Mu-43
Hi everybody and thanks for taking the time to read this.
While not a total novice to photography, I am to video. My first, a week ago went well. The second has run into problems. I'm using Panasonic GX80/85. I shot all in 4k at 25fps. I recorded audio on camera but also separately on a Zoom external recorder.
This time, in (latest cloud version) premiere pro, the audio / video of the Panasonic files is out of sync (so I can't even begin to merge with the Zoom audio file). I use a mac.
I've spent two days reading around the issue. I renamed the mp4s as mov, as recommended in some quarters. I made proxies (which I need to do anyway).
I then ran through handbrake and the audio / video is in sync again but with a big loss in quality.
So something is happening in premiere. Anyone else had this issue? Any ideas where I should seek advice. I may be doing something really silly or basically wrong but last week everything was fine.
Much appreciated. Thanks.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom