ATTENTION car guys/gals!

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by twalker294, Aug 21, 2013.

1. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    So this past weekend I went to Dallas (Arlington actually but who's keeping track,) to celebrate my uncle's 70th birthday. Friday night my cousin and I are talking and he mentions that he recently met a guy who has quite a collection of cars -- 18 in fact. He says that if I'm interested, he will call him and see if we can go by and take a look. IF I'm interested? Yeah ok :) 

Turns out this guy is quite the collector and by that I mean he has several cars that have been invited to Pebble Beach and a couple of those that have placed at PB. I'll let my set of pics speak for themselves. Make sure to read the captions.

These were taken with my OM-D and 20/1.7. I'm not completely happy with them because somehow my camera was set to JPG (grrrrrrr,) so I had to rescue some of them as best as I could. But overall they came out nicely.

Mike Ames cars - a set on Flickr

2. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    That Caddy would be nice!

3. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Which one? There are 3 -- the '35, the '58, and the '67. And they are ALL beautiful in their own ways. That's one thing that was so cool -- you could look across the room and see the evolution of design from one decade to the next. It was amazing.

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Some great vehicles there - nicely done! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.