ATTENTION car guys/gals!

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by twalker294, Aug 21, 2013.

1. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    So this past weekend I went to Dallas (Arlington actually but who's keeping track,) to celebrate my uncle's 70th birthday. Friday night my cousin and I are talking and he mentions that he recently met a guy who has quite a collection of cars -- 18 in fact. He says that if I'm interested, he will call him and see if we can go by and take a look. IF I'm interested? Yeah ok :)

Turns out this guy is quite the collector and by that I mean he has several cars that have been invited to Pebble Beach and a couple of those that have placed at PB. I'll let my set of pics speak for themselves. Make sure to read the captions.

These were taken with my OM-D and 20/1.7. I'm not completely happy with them because somehow my camera was set to JPG (grrrrrrr,) so I had to rescue some of them as best as I could. But overall they came out nicely.

Mike Ames cars - a set on Flickr
  2. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    That Caddy would be nice!
  3. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Which one? There are 3 -- the '35, the '58, and the '67. And they are ALL beautiful in their own ways. That's one thing that was so cool -- you could look across the room and see the evolution of design from one decade to the next. It was amazing.
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Some great vehicles there - nicely done! :smile: