At the Big Apple Circus in Boston

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Hyubie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    This was my first time to test the Panny 20mm/E-PL1 combo both on a bright sunlit day and in a really dark indoor environment. The combo performed spectacularly! Now, some of the images below are really just snapshots (especially indoors while the show was going on) because I cannot move around the venue, and the 20mm is too wide to get a better shot, but I think they can give you a glimpse of how good the lens is in a very dark environment.

(Only the first picture was post-processed. Didn't want to anger the clown on his between-the-shows break, so it was shot from the hip. Had to crop, plus B&W conversion. All other else are JPEGs straight from the camera.)

Warmth on a cold windy day:

(Nothing special, but I love the colors on this one:)

• Like Like x 3
  2. unkabin

unkabin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    Ah, I recognize "Grandma" the clown in the first pic. I caught the Big Apple documentary mini-series on PBS this winter (fall?). It was very interesting, though it focused a bit too much on the roadies, vs. the performers and their families, for my taste.

I love the colors in the 4th pic.
    • Like Like x 1