1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

At some point my friends may get annoyed at all the candid photos

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by dylandingo, May 27, 2012.

1. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    7282683638_1004a8a63c_z.

7282725818_a595527e3d_z.

7282838012_fab84c0c3c_z.

All taken with my Oly E-P3 and the Oly 45mm 1.8 and edited with Aperture and Silver Efex 2.0
    Critique are appreciated!

• Like Like x 14
  2. adic88

adic88 Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Nice! The B&W tones are quite pleasing. Did you use one of the presets in Silver Efex?

• Like Like x 1
  3. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks! No, I am not a huge fan of using presets. I haven't had any real training with the program but I tend to just experiment with the color sensitivity one color at a time and from there I adjust the contrast and everything else and then I go back and tweak the colors sensitivities again.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Very nice portraits :2thumbs:.

• Like Like x 1
  5. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Very nice indeed. Since you asked for critique, it looks like you took the 2nd and 3rd picture while your friends were talking. I'd wait for a moment of silence from them, the facial expression can be just that little bit more relaxed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Wonderful portraits with great crops and lighting. The first is truly enchanting, though IMO the crop on third is a bit tight on the right side. Thanks for sharing

• Like Like x 1
  7. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks, I'll watch out for that next time. I believe the middle photo was of my friend talking but the last one was my friend just reacting to something being said.

8. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks, I do wish I would of left some space on the right side of that last photo too in order to show what he was reacting to but I had limited time to think about that. That is why I must keep practicing to train my eyes to catch that stuff.

9. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    They all pretty much smoke, I am just the odd quitter out of the group going on my second year as a nonsmoker. As for the mustaches, it seems to be a popular thing since I have come back to this town after living in Madison, WI for a year.