1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

At Last a Store in Richmond, VA Carrying m43

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Narnian, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I received an email from KEH saying they were going to be in town having a used equipment buying day at Cardinal Camera here, and I had not heard of them (Cardinal) so I thought I would swing by.

Low and behold they had the Olympus OMD-5, Fuji X100s and some NEX bodies in stock! First time I have been able to hold the OMD and Fuji and both are excellent. At least there is a place that carries m43 and other mirrorless equipment and they will bring in anything for hands-on evaluations.

Cardinal Camera
    11747 W Broad St
    Richmond, VA 23233
    (804) 364-5700

2. abl33

abl33 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 2, 2010
    That's good. While visiting my parents, I went to a camera store in Carytown in Richmond but they didn't have any Olympus or Panasonic. In fact, they barely had ever heard of micro 4/3 and the Olympus E-PM1 I was carrying. I'd love to get my parents into it so my dad could get a smaller, lighter camera than the Nikon he has.

3. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    That's terrific - I'll have to check out. Thanks for the tip.

I was at Richmond Camera in Carytown, and the guy behind the counter was a micro 4/3 shooter, even pulled his Olympus PEN out to show me.

He said he'd like the store to start carrying some mirrorless options. I think it's a business decision to stick to Canon and Nikon for the higher priced cameras because that's what sells, and I don't think any camera store is rolling in cash right at this point.

4. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    The guy you met is a member of the forums here - I have cleaned up my messages and cannot remember his name. A really nice guy.

5. abl33

abl33 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 2, 2010
    Yeah, I was in Richmond Camera in Carytown, but it's been a year or two since I was there. That person was definitely not there when I went - unless he became a convert after seeing how cool the E-PM1 + PL 25 was, haha

But Richmond might be a pretty good market, I would think.

6. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    This guy (Richmond Camera, Carytown) said he'd worked in a camera store in NY I think. Seemed like a good guy - maybe he'll chime in here.

He also said they do one-on-one Lightroom training sessions for a reasonable cost.

7. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    I stopped by Cardinal Camera in Short Pump today. They have a good stock of just about everything. It was the first place I've seen high end Olympus and Fuji cameras in person, plus MeFOTO tripods, lots of Westcott lighting equipment, used cameras, etc.

I'll definitely be back. I mostly buy used, but don't mind spending the few extra dollars to shop local for new items rather than online.