Astro has a new friend

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Don Baldwinson, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Don Baldwinson

Don Baldwinson Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2010
    My most enthusiastic photographic supermodel now has a live-in friend, Keira.
    E-PL1 + zd50mmF2
    Cheers,
    Don

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

How wonderful for you and for them! I'm an obvious dog lover and would love to see more of your two. Keira (if she's the smiling one here) is quite a beauty. Great detail on her face. I feel as though I can reach right out and pat her.:love:

3. Don Baldwinson

Apr 2, 2010
    Thanks BB. She is a minx.
    Here are a couple of Astro in his more athletic moments without female distraction.
    Cheers,
    Don

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

WOW! First of all - these are super shots, second of all they're super action shots!

Inquiring minds who wish to emulate your action shots need to know more - when you have the time. I'd love to know how you got these two. I have not really put my mind into figuring out how to capture this kind of photo but would love to know how to and to try to do it.

5. dulaney22

dulaney22 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    Fantastic pictures!! I'm an avid duck hunter and those shots make me long for the winter.

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Nice to see Astro here with friend. When will we see some gannets?

7. Don Baldwinson

Apr 2, 2010
    Thanks for your comments.
    Bill, I went a week ago but had ISO set on 100 from ingrained habit. Most of the images had blown highlights. Experimenting after showed me I should have stuck to Olympus default of 200. I did not think the shots worth showing.
    Otherwise the E-PL1 performed reasonably well for action images.
    Thanks for asking.:smile:
    Don

• Like Like x 2