Assorted macros

Very nice, Hayath. Though if you could stop reminding me how poor my efforts are it would be a great help. Sigh. Like the weevils especially.....
I wonder if we should vote on banning him
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Absolutely great images

Hayath

Mu-43 Regular
haha..you guys :)

Thank you! I'll try reducing my posting frequency

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
haha..you guys :)

Thank you! I'll try reducing my posting frequency
Have you thought about a brief description on how you use your gear. Its great to see you use affordable gear that a lot of forum users own. Things like your focusing methods, flash use etc.
You also get really good depth of field and back ground separation.

I especially like that your shots look taken in the field.

If you stack to get your DoF what software do you use.

Anyway keep them coming, gives the rest of us something to aim for.

Have you thought about a brief description on how you use your gear. Its great to see you use affordable gear that a lot of forum users own. Things like your focusing methods, flash use etc.

Agree.

And EXIF data.

Hayath

Mu-43 Regular
I think a better idea would be for us to learn from your work.
Are you kidding? You can post all day, Hayath - I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say your work is absolutely gorgeous....don't you DARE post less often!

Agree.

And EXIF data.
Thank you, guys!
Have posted some in bits and pieces all over, will try collating some points into a single post.

All of my images are taken in the field :)
just that the low exposure setting causes most of the dull backgrounds to go dark/black
Stacking is something I've tried experimenting but failed to do consistently in the field. I've tried the Photoshop layers stacking method with some degree of success.
Here's a shallow 3-image stack
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Made of gold! An awesome beetle with a golden sheen

Heres my critique.....WOW :bowdown:
Thank you :)

As for C&C:

They are great captures. However, for my taste they are a bit over sharpened.
Thanks much! I do overdo that at times, need to be more selective.
And I find at times the Auto-sharpening of Flickr goes aggressive. Could you please reference an image where you see the sharpening a little too much?

Flickr does compress images weirdly sometimes.

Honestly, all of those in the OP seem over sharpened to me. There is a point in any PP that an image goes from natural to overly processed. It is a fine line that I prefer to stay on the natural side of things, or at least attempt as such. These images just seem a bit over that line. Again, this is just my opinion.

Hayath

Mu-43 Regular
Flickr does compress images weirdly sometimes.

Honestly, all of those in the OP seem over sharpened to me. There is a point in any PP that an image goes from natural to overly processed. It is a fine line that I prefer to stay on the natural side of things, or at least attempt as such. These images just seem a bit over that line. Again, this is just my opinion.
Thank much for the honest feedback, b really appreciate it :)

Agree with you fully on the fine line, I often use the home TV as the display monitor.. Should go back to a proper monitor to see if I can calibrate it right

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
To me the level of sharpening on this set is about right. I like sharpened macro photos as I am looking for details that one could easily look past in normal life. But it is a question of taste.

I know I sharpen my macros past the point I really like but it is hard if you dont have a good screen. When I look at all my posted shots they look different on every monitor, and I currently process on a tablet with snapseed so I really have no idea how they really look.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom