Assigning buttons

Scopex

New to Mu-43
Hi Folks,
I have a Lumix GX7.
I have figured out how to assign various functions to different buttons, problem is, when the camera is turned off & then back on, it all reverts to as was prior to my assigning.
Please, how do I lock in the changes?
I prefer to use buttons as I don't get on too well with touchscreen.

Regards, Larry.

I only have a G85 and my buttons do not revert . To change mine i press and hold the button i want to change then select the function i want, presume you can do this with a GX7.

Do you always leave a charged battery in the camera, over time the cameras internal battery/capacitor may loose its ability to hold the settings.

Hopefully someone more experienced will be able to provide more information

Scopex

New to Mu-43
Hi Folks,
I have a Lumix GX7.
I have figured out how to assign various functions to different buttons, problem is, when the camera is turned off & then back on, it all reverts to as was prior to my assigning.
Please, how do I lock in the changes?
I prefer to use buttons as I don't get on too well with touchscreen.

Regards, Larry.
I only have a G85 and my buttons do not revert . To change mine i press and hold the button i want to change then select the function i want, presume you can do this with a GX7.

Do you always leave a charged battery in the camera, over time the cameras internal battery/capacitor may loose its ability to hold the settings.

Hopefully someone more experienced will be able to provide more information

Scopex

New to Mu-43
Hi 'Retiredfromlife' :)
Thank you for your reply but could you please be a bit more specific?
While holding the chosen button, how do you go about selecting the required function?
Regards, Larry.

nsd20463

Mu-43 Regular
On some Panasonic cameras (the G9 works this way) holding a button down for several seconds jumps you to the settings menu page where you select what that button does.
If that doesn't happen on your GX7 then it's something which was added in a later generation.
Underneath it's not any different then menu diving. It's just more convenient.

Hi 'Retiredfromlife' :)
Thank you for your reply but could you please be a bit more specific?
While holding the chosen button, how do you go about selecting the required function?
Regards, Larry.
As per the other poster above hold down a button with "fn" (followed by a number, eg fn1) on it for a few seconds 3 or 4 and a list of functions you can asign to that button pops up. If the button doed not have "fn" on it you have to assign it through the menu. Not sure if all buttons can be reassigned as i mainly leave mine as default.

If you have not already i would suggest a youtube search.

But since you seem ok with changing the buttons i gather you are ok with that.
Does the camera hold the new setting when coming out of sleep mode, or just loose the setting when turned on and off. If that is the case try turning the camera off for and long periods to see how long the camera holds the settings.

Since i have never used your model i prabsbly cant help more.

In the manual for one of my early Olympus cameras it stated ghe custom settings would only hold for a few days without a charged battery in it

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom