Aspiring photographer

davect01

New to Mu-43
My name is Dave and I recently upgraded from a Point and Shoot to a Sony NEX.

In the past couple of years I have begun learning the tricks of taking good photography, and was at the point of wanting something better to take pictures with. However I was intimidated with the size, weight and complexity of the camera systems I saw. Not being a professional photographer who takes a trip or excursion, just to take photos I did not want to be laden down with gear everywhere I went. I wanted something light that I can have with me when we go places and that is what I love about the new 4/3 systems and the Sony NEX in particular.

I have noticed in my brief time here that there is no dedicated subforum for the NEX line, is this going to happen?

mick / Lumix

The NEX cameras are not 4/3 or micro 4/3, they use an APS-C sensor. On that basis they will not be included in this forum.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Dave, welcome! It's true that the NEX is not a micro four thirds camera, however there is the Other Systems forum here.:thumbup:

Meanwhile, I'd also like to extend the invitation to you to stop over to our "sister" site, also started by Amin, called Serious Compacts where there is quite a group of NEX shooters, and you'll recognize a great many members from here, as well.:flowers_2:

Latest threads

Top Bottom