1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Aspiring photographer

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by davect01, Jan 2, 2011.

1. davect01

davect01 New to Mu-43

Jan 2, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    My name is Dave and I recently upgraded from a Point and Shoot to a Sony NEX.

In the past couple of years I have begun learning the tricks of taking good photography, and was at the point of wanting something better to take pictures with. However I was intimidated with the size, weight and complexity of the camera systems I saw. Not being a professional photographer who takes a trip or excursion, just to take photos I did not want to be laden down with gear everywhere I went. I wanted something light that I can have with me when we go places and that is what I love about the new 4/3 systems and the Sony NEX in particular.

I have noticed in my brief time here that there is no dedicated subforum for the NEX line, is this going to happen?

• Like Like x 1
  2. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    The NEX cameras are not 4/3 or micro 4/3, they use an APS-C sensor. On that basis they will not be included in this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi Dave,
    You'll find a forum for the Sony Nex cameras over at serious compacts SeriousCompacts.com

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  4. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Dave, welcome! It's true that the NEX is not a micro four thirds camera, however there is the Other Systems forum here.:thumbup:

Meanwhile, I'd also like to extend the invitation to you to stop over to our "sister" site, also started by Amin, called Serious Compacts where there is quite a group of NEX shooters, and you'll recognize a great many members from here, as well.:flowers_2:

• Like Like x 1
  6. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    BBW, thanks, my mistake as I had forgotten that forum.

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

No problem! We're not into circling the wagons, Mick.:wink: It's always good to learn about different photography websites.:thumbup: