[ASK]OMD video anomali(?)

Discussion in 'Video Post-Production' started by ori, Sep 23, 2012.

1. ori

ori New to Mu-43

Apr 16, 2012
    bandung, Indonesia
    hi guys, recently I use an OMD to do my friend's pre-wedding video.

1. I use the highest setting video format
    2. turned off the noise reduction (not sure if its affecting to the video performance)

3. use all the IBIS capability(mode 1),
    4. and pair the OMD with 14-45 f3.5-5.6 Panasonic ASPH mega OIS(with OIS turned off).

I encounter an issue after I copy the video files to my computer, there is a dropping image quality at some point. it flicker especially when there's a heavy movement.

this is the screen capture where the 'flicker' occurred
    Screenshot2012-09-23at93424PM_zps5befde4e.

as you can see, there is a significant drop on the image quality.
    Im completely baffled by this issues. is it because of the lens? the IBIS? slow SDCard? video format? or all of them combines that cause high bit rate transfer?:confused:

If you guys can help me determine this issue I will be please:thumbup:.
    thanks

ps: this does not occurred when I use olympus 45mm f1.8. and only visible when the file open in my computer or iPad, it looks fine in the OMD LCD.

2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I've seen this in GH2 land before when dealing with fairly complex scenes like foliage, and I haven't spent enough time with my EM5 to be sure yet but I'm pretty sure it does this often in foliage scenes. Basically the camera has a set bitrate it's trying to hit, so it's writing out frames to try and tune to that rate. If it overshoots, some frames will have their bitrates massively cut back in order to fit in the overall bitrate. It probably only looks fine on the LCD because it's too small.

I have also seen it provoked on the GH2 when using high bitrate hacks with slow cards, but any class 10 ought to be fine for the EM5.