1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Asia with the OM-D, 12-35mm, and 75mm

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by trandg, Mar 25, 2013.

1. trandg

trandg Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2012
    Toronto
    David
    This is my second time using the OM-D for video and also putting together a video edit. Recently picked up the 75mm and the 12-35mm and really enjoying them. Will post up photos of the trip soon. I think this camera is finally getting me to do video instead of stills - I like it a lot and it encourages me to film. Gotta be more diligent with focusing though...

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/62571527" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/62571527">asia adventures anonymous</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/davdgtran">David G. Tran</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

2. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    One word. AMAZZZZING!!

3. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Awesome video! Looks like you both had a blast! Great stuff!

4. rozza

rozza Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    New Zealand
    Awesome man. Well done!

5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Good work...especially love the editing of the fight scenes.

6. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2012
    Denmark
    Morten
    Stunning work all the way
    Love the fight scenes too

7. e_kjellgren

e_kjellgren Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2011
    Sweden
    What songs are they?

/Evert

8. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    really nice...I like the way it flowed quickly and kept your attention all the way through....great choice of music too, and I like hearing both the film audio and music too....makes it seem more real and adds to the experience.

9. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    Very fun and well done!

10. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Well done! We need more videographers on this forum as we all have very capable cameras and it's amazing what they can do. I'm interested in getting into film myself. What editing software do you use?

Thanks for sharing!

11. abl33

abl33 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 2, 2010
    loved it too!

did you submerge the camera for the underwater sequence?

12. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    I haven't even tried the video on the OMD, but I'm inspired. Did you use an external mic?

13. trandg

trandg Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2012
    Toronto
    David
    Wow thanks for the responses everyone. Wasn't sure if people would get bored after a minute or two of footage.
    music: Tali Bong - Koto Mata, Jagwar Ma - The Throw, Azi Ambani - Su Prabhat

I used Final Cut Pro X for the editing. Still figuring it out but it's easy enough to start small and learn how to edit. It's definitely time consuming but a lot of fun...and the IS of the EM5 makes video easy

14. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    M@
    Nice. I so want to shoot an RPG-7.

I've done full auto right here in Texas, but no RPGs. Oh, and I want the 12-35 f/2.8, too. I'll be going to DC and NYC hopefully in June.

Good travel lens?

15. trandg

trandg Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2012
    Toronto
    David
    12-35mm was a perfect travel lens but I loved having the prime too. The zoom is pretty versatile. It's not the lightest lens so keep that in mind too if you're looking to go minimal. I was happy with my combo since I am usually used to carrying much more gear in a backpack versus a small shoulder bag.

As for underwater I used my GoPro Hero3 and just used the built in Mic on the OM-D for the audio in the other shots

16. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    Awesome!

17. fluberman

fluberman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 19, 2012
    Indonesia
    Alex
    Awesome video...

18. stripedrex

stripedrex Do or do not. There is no try.

Jun 8, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Alex
    Several videos of late shot with the OMD make me wonder if I really need a hacked GH2. 20mbs seems about right for web viewing and prob just find in blueray. Maybe I need to dump my GF2 as my second camera and get an OMD so I can keep my GH2 =p. That IBIS is magical, I'm guessing you had very little to no need to stabilize in post? Great work, capturing life and family is one of my goals with my GH2 in both stills and video and I love how you did that here =).

19. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Great quality video, but more to the point - superb editing and presentation, a thoroughly professional job! :2thumbs:

20. deepestbluest

deepestbluest Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 7, 2012
    wow. stupid awesome! nice work!!