Artisan & Artist Straps

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Richella, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    Is anyone using an Artisan & Artist strap on their M43 camera. I've been looking at some on eBay but not sure if I'm ready to spend so much on a camera strap. Would really appreciate any feedback and particularly some photos of the straps attached to the camera.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'm curious about this also. As I understand, some of the A & A cloth straps are adjustable length and others aren't. For the fixed length ones, low low do they hang?

3. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    It's nice and the package is even nicer ;-)

4. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I like the look of that. I was thinking about getting the red clothe strap. Is that one adjustable length?

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

5. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    Yep, you can see that double part of it in the picture. At the longest it hangs where your valuables are. I mean the wallet :biggrin:

6. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    Richard,
    YL Camera is selling A&A straps in Pudu, KL. You can check them out and do some shooting at Pudu too.

7. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    I think this some form of art. Japanese art.

8. dayou14

dayou14 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    Hi guys,

AA straps are on both my GH2 and my G1. The G1 has the black silk cords:

AA1.

The one on the GH2 is super long but as it was the camera I was using to take these shots I didn't show it.

I have another one still in the box. A pure white silk cord.

AA2.

I'm saving it for that special all-white camera.

3 of these straps together cost me 600 SGD, or 480+ USD, together costing as much a 2nd hand M4/3 camera.

I'm not sure it was worth it, but when I went a hunting for these straps in Singapore, (where I was born, and where I visit twice a yr), the moment I saw it, I knew I had to have it. The guy who sold me was a reseller, and he made his profit, so I'm sure you can order it from the Japanese AA website for less $.

The straps are hand-made, and for my particular strap design, they had to call in the samurai sword makers to consult for that particular knot and stitching at the edges where the leather and rings are. Just for that alone, I would have plunk the money.

I get stopped all the time to ask about my funny looking camera (where I live, it's all Canikon). But adding to the look is the AA strap, which are entire conversation pieces themselves.

Pricey they are, but all worth it for me. I'll pick up more straps on my forthcoming trip back to S'pore.

Bian

9. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    A&A

Do they have a strap that goes through the rings like the Olympus one and is adjustable. I see their straps but they all have D rings which I don't like.

10. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    What is the reasoning behind the high prices on AA straps? They look pretty, and I'd love to have them, but it's so pricey (relative to straps)! I guess it's sort of like my girlfriend paying hundreds if not thousands for a purse?

11. aria

aria Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    Rome, Italy
    sageo?

maybe, you can save a lot of money by buying a "sageo", it is the cord used to tie saya/scabbard to the belt/obi :)

an example: tozando

Banzai

12. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    They look nice, but given price and functionality I'd choose an OpTech or Crumpler strap instead.

13. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    "Form over function" for me please :biggrin: