Artisan and Artist Silk Cord Strap

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by xdayv, Sep 14, 2012.

1. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Artisan&Artist* Straps

Aside from the rather hefty price tag, what do you think of this strap? I'm planning to get the ACAM-305 (for DSLR version but I've seen pics with the GH2 with it, fits in nicely, and I can use it on my Nikon).

Anybody can share their experiences with this strap? TIA.
  2. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    It is nice. I also like their cotton strap as well, but that silk strap is lovely and I expect quite strong.
  3. jeffg53

jeffg53 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Jeff Grant
    I have one and love it. It is soft and can be wrapped around my hand to carry around. Expensive but very nice, does your camera deserve less?
  4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I loved the concept, but ended up going with a Street Strap. A bit less expensive and a little longer... long enough for me to wear bandolier style with my E-M5.
  5. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to this strap!
  6. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Love mine on the E-M5. It is a bit short for bandolier style, but I don't carry that way.

Very easy to wrap around the wrist and use like a wrist strap.

Also, looks great and quite different from other straps.

On the EM-5 I ended up using two round rings to connect directly to the lugs on the body (I put the triangle ones back in the E-M5 box).
  7. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

A&A makes wonderful quality stuff (I have seen many examples in person).... price wise they are expensive. Their target clientele tends to be Leica shooters.

The photo village in NYC seems to sell identical products under their brand, "Black Label". They are also a Artisian & Artist dealer as well. Even the products (the one I am interested in is the Image Smith bag) carry the same model names. I see that the silk cord "Black label" equivalent for $20USD less than the site linked.

The Photo Village

Black label bag link on left
    Click on page 4
    Scroll down.

I have visited and purchased things at their store many years ago.. very nice people. Walking into their was like walking into a nice jewelry store. I know its not much cheaper but hey... a dollar is a dollar.
  8. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Resurrecting this thread to mention that PhotoVillage is finally moved into their new store across the street from B&H, corner of Ninth Avenue on 34th Street, NYC. Brave the crooked stairs leading up to see a new wood floor on the second floor, along with new showcases for an expanded line of products.
  9. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Great news.... now I can be tempted even more when I visit BH. lol