1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Art filters dissapear in LR2

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Blotzphoto, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Blotzphoto

Blotzphoto Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Lou Doench
    I haven't done a lot of art filter stuff with my ep-1, but yesterday I took some fun cactus pictures with the grainy bw filter that I really liked in camera. But when I loaded them into lightroom they lose the filter information. I am no lr ninja, I have no clue why this is happening. May just load them to my old ipad instead... ;(

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Are these RAW files? Art Filters are only recorded for JPEGs unless you use Olympus's own RAW conversion software.

3. Blotzphoto

Blotzphoto Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Lou Doench
    You know, Raw has been my default for years, but I'm starting to question the utility considering the great jpegs I've been getting from the epl1 (my daughters camera). I checked and I am on LN+Raw. I guess I'll just switch to jpegs for now. Thanks.

4. Blotzphoto

Blotzphoto Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Lou Doench
    Ok, here's what its doing. In the filmstrip at the bottom of the screen I can see the dng file with no filter next to the orf+jpg with the filter applied. But if I click on the latter, or even hover over it, LR generates a preview that erases the filter. ;(

5. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    When LR looks at a raw+jpeg file it defaults to reading the raw file. In the settings you can have raw and jpeg files treated as separate images. LR isn't erasing the effect of the filter. It's just replacing the preview normally embedded in a raw file with one it has generated from the raw data.

The jpegs are still in the folder they were copied to. LR just isn't referncing them based on your settings. You could just go and open them in the preview application of the OS itself.

Gordon