art filter replication?

Discussion in 'Video Post-Production' started by cookme, Jul 21, 2012.

1. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    I am pretty new to adding filter effects to videos. I want to replicate the diorama effect on a clip. The frame rate drop of the real-time art filter on Olympus cameras is a bit too much (2 frames/s?) and I want to replicate it but with a higher frame rate. Is there any filter or plugin I can readily use on the popular editing tools? I have Final Cut Pro ready to go, and can get Premier or After Effects running if needed.

2. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Ha, guess I should have tried searching it first... duh. found a plugin for FCP that does the "minituring" fairly easily.

It's crazy to see my post in google results already... their spiders move fast.

3. amalric

amalric  

Jul 24, 2012
    Rome. Italy
    I am not sure about your particular effect.

In a general way I think that Nik sofware, silver and color efex are a way of replicating the art filters quickly.

4. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    I think Nik software filters only work on stills, right? Sorry I can't tell for sure from their website. I was looking for the diorama, or "minituring" effect. See example video here: [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9AzcFqs4Y8]E-P2 diorama & miniature effect - YouTube[/ame]