Art Filter Image Thread

Bikenut

Mu-43 Rookie
Pinhole with a little PP in CS3

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mr Moo

Rocket builder, collector of vintage air guitars
Real Name
Mike
A fellow photowalker last week, Key Line filter (Art 11). EM5II.

JDK504

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Does anyone know if you get the same look and quality if you shoot the art filter in camera vs adding it later in the Olympus App?

Tapper

Mu-43 Regular
Does anyone know if you get the same look and quality if you shoot the art filter in camera vs adding it later in the Olympus App?
Yes, you can add the same art filters to a RAW image in Olympus Viewer.

But IMO it's faster to take RAW+JPEG with Art filters in camera. The RAW will be a normal shot, and the JPEG will have the Art filter applied.

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
Good idea. I used to play around w/ these more, but not lately. This one won me a local contest oddly enough (Dramatic tone)...really made a semi boring photo pop. 60mm f2.8 & EM5.

This particular one works really well for car photos too

JDK504

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Good idea. I used to play around w/ these more, but not lately. This one won me a local contest oddly enough (Dramatic tone)...really made a semi boring photo pop. 60mm f2.8 & EM5.

This particular one works really well for car photos too

Looks good! Kinda like HDRish ya?

popiT

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Yang
popArt

View attachment 412530

JDK504

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Are all these filters done in cam? Is there a difference vs shooting with them in cam vs adding the effects later in post I.E. the Olympus App on our smartphones?

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Are all these filters done in cam? Is there a difference vs shooting with them in cam vs adding the effects later in post I.E. the Olympus App on our smartphones?
I believe the intention of this thread is to share images are shot using the in-camera "Art Filters" (Olympus) or "Creative Control" modes (Panasonic). If you've got images you've post-processed on your smartphone, my suggestion would be to start a new thread.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Key Line art filter
Telus World of Science - Key Line by Carbonman_, on Flickr

Dramatic Tone art filter
10 Tonnes by Carbonman_, on Flickr

Another Dramatic Tone art filter
False Creek by Carbonman_, on Flickr

These were all done in PP using OV3 with the RAW file, so it's the same as doing them in camera for JPGs at the time of shooting.

JDK504

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I believe the intention of this thread is to share images are shot using the in-camera "Art Filters" (Olympus) or "Creative Control" modes (Panasonic). If you've got images you've post-processed on your smartphone, my suggestion would be to start a new thread.
I just simply want to know if there is a difference vs using the in camera filters vs doing them in post via the OIS app. No need to start a new thread for a simple question thanks.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I just simply want to know if there is a difference vs using the in camera filters vs doing them in post via the OIS app. No need to start a new thread for a simple question thanks.
Sorry, I misread your question. I'm not familiar with the Olympus app, but Graham's response appears to indicate that the filters are the same whether applied in-camera or in post. The major functional difference (to me, at least) is that if you use the in-camera filters you can review the results immediately.

JDK504

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sorry, I misread your question. I'm not familiar with the Olympus app, but Graham's response appears to indicate that the filters are the same whether applied in-camera or in post. The major functional difference (to me, at least) is that if you use the in-camera filters you can review the results immediately.
No worries. I was just asking because maybe when you are shooting in a certain mode you may not like the end result vs shooting in regular mode (no filter) then apply them in post and you can see the difference between each filter.

If, you don't have the OIS app for your smartphone you should get it. Its free and you can transfer your images/videos from your camera directly to your smartphone; its very cool. Plus you can edit your pictures on there (art filters, etc.).

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
If, you don't have the OIS app for your smartphone you should get it. Its free and you can transfer your images/videos from your camera directly to your smartphone; its very cool. Plus you can edit your pictures on there (art filters, etc.).
I'll have to take a look. Although none of my existing cameras has WiFi, which I suspect would limit the usability.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom