Around Newberg Oregon

tdekany

Mu-43 All-Pro
Forecast was mostly sunny for the area, so we decided to take a drive and see part of Newberg that we haven't seen in a few years.

I hope, you enjoy some of the pictures. :biggrin:

The 60mm was glued to the EM-5 and the 7-14mm to the EPL-1.

View attachment 255646
_2021609.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

View attachment 255647
_2021598.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

View attachment 255648
_2021588.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

View attachment 255649
P2020025.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

View attachment 255650
P2020020.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

View attachment 255651
P2020010.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

View attachment 255652
P2020008.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

View attachment 255653
P2020007.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
One of my favorite areas to wander about, especially as you head towards Dundee and Dayton.

Thanks,

--Ken

tdekany

Mu-43 All-Pro
One of my favorite areas to wander about, especially as you head towards Dundee and Dayton.

Thanks,

--Ken

Unfortunately, we left too late in the day and didn't make it to the Dundee are, which was on the list for the day.:frown:

EasyEd

Mu-43 Regular
Hey All,

Nice pics! I really like the 5th! I'd be all over that International and the Hesston swather and the seed drill with my camera.

You at least made it out to the M for dinner?

I met Ernie Borgnine there once.

-Ed-

tdekany

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hey All,

Nice pics! I really like the 5th! I'd be all over that International and the Hesston swather and the seed drill with my camera.

You at least made it out to the M for dinner?

I met Ernie Borgnine there once.

-Ed-

Hi and thanks Ed!

5th picture - once again, I have to thank my wife. She is the one with the eye:rofl:

The picture with the drill, we just stopped in the middle of the road as in rural Oregon, there is no place to pull over. I felt lucky, that there was no traffic for about a minute.

M - not sure I get that one, sorry - McMinnville? In any case we had dinner at home that night.

yekimrd

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mikey
Wow, absolutely great shots! Pretty nice vistas where you live. So do you just pull to the shoulder while driving? How do you make it work?

There's a couple of scenes along my 3-hr drive to and from Hershey-NYC that I'd love to photograph. Except I'm scared a police officer might issue me a ticket for pulling to the shoulder for a non-emergency. Now, if my photos would earn me any real money, I would dare to stop like that. Alas, I am no Bryan Peterson.. Not even close. :tongue:

tdekany

Mu-43 All-Pro
Wow, absolutely great shots! Pretty nice vistas where you live. So do you just pull to the shoulder while driving? How do you make it work?

There's a couple of scenes along my 3-hr drive to and from Hershey-NYC that I'd love to photograph. Except I'm scared a police officer might issue me a ticket for pulling to the shoulder for a non-emergency. Now, if my photos would earn me any real money, I would dare to stop like that. Alas, I am no Bryan Peterson.. Not even close. :tongue:

I appreciate the kind words!

In rural areas, there are no shoulders to speak of, although one could pull into one's driveway, but I would never do that. So in this case we just stopped in the middle of the road, I pulled the window down on my side, took a few pictures while my wife was watching the road for us. Of course, traffic in rural Oregon is also pretty light compared to the east coast.

As a side note, I have pulled over twice, once in Vermont and once in New Mexico, or Wyoming? where within seconds a cop pulled up behind us and wanted to know if everything was ok. :biggrin:

After the second incident, I told my wife that I will never stop ever again, no matter how pretty the scenery is. :rofl:

Luckily for us, Oregon is very different. One hardly ever sees a police officer in the country.

Latest threads

Top Bottom