1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Around and About Berlin

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by penfan2010, Jul 21, 2012.

1. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Great shots - I lived and worked in Berlin for 11yrs as a PJ only leaving after the wall came down - great city, great people!

• Like Like x 1
  3. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Thanks, Ian--high praise, coming from you! It is a fantastic city, it must have been wild working there as a PJ in the bad old Cold War days.

4. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Berlin - Photographers dream

Thanks Penfan,

It was the place to be and during my time there apart from the boring mundane episodes of photographing military parades (both Allied and Soviet Block), we had many other exciting times from 3 x Presidential visits, The Queen, Anatoli Sharansky Spy Exchange on the Glieneke bridge (like something straight of a spy film) and numerous other events covered from ground an air on both sides of the wall!

All in all, it was during that time an incredible if not a little unreal place to live and work 110 miles inside the "Iron Curtain" at the height of the Cold War.

Boy how things have changed now and I do envy you as it is a fantastic city with too many photo opportunities to cover in 1 lifetime.

Shoot and enjoy!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Nice shots and I like the muted colour palette :) I've been to Berlin a couple of times but it was Winter and snowing!

• Like Like x 1