Are you sitting Down? X100/EPL3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MrDoug, Sep 20, 2011.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I went out shooting today with my Girlfriend in Grand Coulee, Washington.. she has no idea of the quality of any of my gear.. she is not dumb either..LOL .. I took two Camera's: X100 and EPL3 (with oh my God the 14-42 kit lens).. I took several shots at same range as X100 (36mm), came home printed several comparison examples and asked her which ones she liked the best.. guess what? 5 out of the 6 went to EPL3.. sheesh.... and I agree also.. so I have a X100 FOR SALE> LOL.. any takers? color on EPL3 and clarity was consistently better! I am serious and will sell X100.. it is in Pristine condition with less than 400 shutter clicks.. $1000.00 takes it home!
    Doug

2. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

This thread is worthless without photos.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

Jdumas If you think he is wrong call his bluff and buy his camera. :biggrin:

4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    That's a hefty price to pay to prove he is right or wrong.

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Can I see a photo of the X100? Is it complete with box, manuals, cords, etc? I'm dipping my toe in the water.....make me jump in!

6. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    This is how arranged marriages start out...

*pulls out popcorn* :popcorm2:

7. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I agree..buy the camera and find out.. good deal for the camera.. I don't want it.. :)
    Doug

8. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Well you may right, but for the price I am asking $1K vs what the retail is $1199 - it is a good price.. save $200 or to be exact $199 . LOL

• Like Like x 1
  9. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Not terribly surprising ... Olympus spent a lot of money doing studies on why some images have more emotional impact than others, and they set up their cameras to take advantage of it. They will have more "pop" and immediate impact, but maybe not hold up as well in long term viewing.

10. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    No, I really don't want to bother going through that . It is Perfect, Pristine, Box etc... take your chance.. trust me.. it is perfect.. this is not a FIRE sale.. LOL

11. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I don't think the X100 is ultimately what I'm looking for, but I'll talk it over with the wife.

12. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

LOL, no I have no interest in the X100.

I will get my coat...

13. kahren

kahren Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    so how are we supposed to believe you without pictures?

• Like Like x 1
  14. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    i believe him. How would posting pictures change the opinion or invalidate the opinion of his girlfriend? Your opinion may be different but hers is valuable. Having said that....

Show us the pictures....:biggrin::biggrin:

Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

I will write this in my book of quotes.

Thank you,

James

PS... show us the pics:biggrin:

16. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Yeah, I want shots of everyone sitting down. :smile: It's an interesting post, however. I'll sell you this camera for $1000 because I've decided the one for $600 is better. I'm getting the E-Pl3 and the 45. :cool:

Seriously, I'm sure you can sell it on eBay or the Seriously Compact site. There are folks that would never believe :43: could better APS on general principles, whatever the evidence of their eyes.

17. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    The X100 has its fans but I've never seen more " why it's not for me" threads about any other camera with the possible exception of 35mm rangefinders. Maybe I'd love an X100 but this seems like a really strange way to try to sell one :confused:

18. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Its not for everyone, but those of us who like 'em, REALLY like 'em. If it is for you, $1000 is a pretty good price. If its not, $400 is too much. No need for anyone to question the camera - just have to know if its a camera you really want to shoot with. In my case, I wouldn't choose it INSTEAD of my m43 gear, but in ADDITION to my m43 system, I sure wouldn't want to be without it.

-Ray

19. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    at $1000, u could buy it, shoot 500 pics with it to try it out, and resell it elsewhere for the same price... lol

20. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Hey, Luke, I think you should talk it over with your lawyer!!:rofl:

• Like Like x 1