Are the Pentax 110 Lenses Worth Buying the Adapter?

tjdean01

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yes, I have the 18, 24, and 50mm Pentax 110 set (one's missing a rear lens cap. Anyone have one to sell me?).

I bought these for my Pentax Q which, again, has been a disappointment (if you don't want to buy Q-mount lenses don't buy a Q!).

So, they're all f2.8. I've seen some interesting shots taken in the archives from the 18. I don't know about the others. Do you guys like yours?

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
I was thinking of buying an adapter without aperture control from Amazon but the price nearly tripled. If you see a good deal, please reply.

Barry

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
I was thinking of buying an adapter without aperture control from Amazon but the price nearly tripled. If you see a good deal, please reply.
I don't understand what this means ... "the price nearly tripled" ... from what?

I bought mine off ebay ... for instance this link

I don't see the point in stopping down with these lenses, for then you are right in the same territory that (say) the 14-45 zoom is in, without the advantages of that zoom.

so for me the 50mm or the 70mm at wide open are great alternatives, full sensor coverage (unlike c mount) and decent optical levels.

Two quick examples:
70mm (dreadful lighting in a darker function room)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

50mm
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

n3eg

Mu-43 Regular
I would say yes. While they're not sharp at the corners, they do make nice small primes (18 and 24) that allow m4/3 cameras to be really pocketable. They're also much better than a body cap.

Do C-mount lenses work well on the Q? They seem to be extremely crappy except for macro with the DTC on m4/3.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom