Are my Danbo's legs OK? (New Purchase, Serious Thread)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by RuffDraft, Mar 26, 2013.

1. RuffDraft

RuffDraft Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    Hi All,

After jumping into the world of Danbo and finally receiving my first one, I have a feeling that I've received one that's got a problem.

The right leg seems to push inwards. I've tried comparing these to others online, but perhaps someone here can confirm by the pictures below:

My item is not like this, but rather points inwards on the right leg.

Nor this one:

My problem is that it seems rather petty. The right leg seems bust at the hip and points inwards, where as the left leg seems quite mobile and with good movement. He also leans to the right as a result as well.

If this is normal, then obviously I don't mind, it's just that the last two pictures show two legs that are the same length, where as this one has a right leg 2mm shorter than the left.

Normal or not? :frown: Thanks to anyone who can help.
  2. RuffDraft

RuffDraft Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    I've decided to return it anyways, mods you can delete this unless it begins to spark conversation. I just thought there'd be a lot of Danbo fans able to share their experiences.
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    I really thought this was a joke at first - then I hit Google. Interesting - lots of possibilities for creative photos! :cool:
  4. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    Legs on mine aren't perfect either. Didn't bother me enough to send it back though. I'll see if I've got any other shots that maybe show clearer

P1020605 by puihungma, on Flickr

Can sort of see it these ones I found on my iPhone too, even Jr's aren't perfect.

IMG_0182 by puihungma, on Flickr

IMG_0184 by puihungma, on Flickr
  5. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Mine is likes less than 1mm off so definitely much better than the pics shown here.
  6. RuffDraft

RuffDraft Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    Yeah, I can't wait to start a 52 project if you like, one pic of him a week. Don't think I've got the time for a 365, but its one object that you can shoot in any weather!

I can tell from your shots too. Thankfully, the company are going to replace him! I hope the next one is reasonably perfect. I don't want one that leans drastically to one side!

Thanks for this, hopefully it's more of a one off!
  7. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    I want one.
  8. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Somebody needs to make a stop motion movie!

"Attack of the killer Danbos!"
  9. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    We're in Pet Rock territory with this one. Anyone remember those?
  10. Strick

Strick Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Yes, I remember pet rocks, although I never had one, and those danbos are much cuter than pet rocks! :wink: :tongue: