are Matin lens tissues safe?

colbycheese

Mu-43 Veteran
I bought some lens tissues for cleaning. The only brand they have is matin. Is this a good brand? Will it scratch my lenses? I have used them about 3 times now. Are my lenses ok?

jamespetts

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I originally read the thread title as "are Martian lens tissues safe?", which would give an entirely new meaning to the word "astrophotography"...

heedpantsnow

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't have their tissues. But I have other stuff from them. They are a cheap Chinese company that makes cheap (price and quality) stuff. So, I'm not sure I would be rubbing something they made all over my bare lens. Just my $.02.

colbycheese

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't have their tissues. But I have other stuff from them. They are a cheap Chinese company that makes cheap (price and quality) stuff. So, I'm not sure I would be rubbing something they made all over my bare lens. Just my $.02.
so i probably wrecked it. Oh great

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Even cheap lens tissues should be ok. Its all about technique. Leave a grit of sand on the lens and even the most expensive tissue won't help if you dry rub it across the glass.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom