1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

are Matin lens tissues safe?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by colbycheese, Apr 6, 2014.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    I bought some lens tissues for cleaning. The only brand they have is matin. Is this a good brand? Will it scratch my lenses? I have used them about 3 times now. Are my lenses ok?

2. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    I originally read the thread title as "are Martian lens tissues safe?", which would give an entirely new meaning to the word "astrophotography"...

3. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    I don't have their tissues. But I have other stuff from them. They are a cheap Chinese company that makes cheap (price and quality) stuff. So, I'm not sure I would be rubbing something they made all over my bare lens. Just my $.02.

4. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    so i probably wrecked it. Oh great

5. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Even cheap lens tissues should be ok. Its all about technique. Leave a grit of sand on the lens and even the most expensive tissue won't help if you dry rub it across the glass.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.