Are any of the hood options for the Oly 75mm reversible?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by jmrf, Feb 13, 2013.

1. jmrf

jmrf Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 2, 2013
    As the title states. I can't seem to figure out if the hood can be reversed back on to lens for storage. Someone must have tried it. Anyone know? Many thanks.

2. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    The Olympus hood reverses.

3. iGonzoid

iGonzoid Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 6, 2011
    Tasmania, Australia
    Anyone tried the JJC LH-J61F Professional Hard Lens Hood for Olympus 75mm F 1.8 "Replaces LH-61F"? [seen on eBay for $US38.99]? And would that reverse? And does anyone know what the cheapest non-Oly lens cap would be? Thanks.

4. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    I have the JJC hood and yes it does reverse. It's quite nice really and the finish matches perfectly too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jmrf

jmrf Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 2, 2013
    That's what i needed to know. Many thanks, hood ordered!

6. Agent00soul

Agent00soul Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    The JJC hood is excellent. I wouldn't be surprised if it is made by the same factory as the original Olympus one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. iGonzoid

iGonzoid Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 6, 2011
    Tasmania, Australia
    Thanks, folks. I have just ordered a JJC hood from HK on your collective recommendations. It and a B&W 58mm UV [also from HK] should arrive well before the lens, which I am eyeing on eBay — the finances are about halfway there from eBay sales; my current auctions finish tomorrow [Mon] night.

Anyone interested in a barely used Rokinon 85mm f1.4 [bought about Oct last year], Olympus 4/3 mount, with Hoya UV and additional metal, screw-in lens hood, with plastic lens hood cap [the provided plastic petal hood seemed fragile and I like to be able to use a screw-in hood to rotate a CP]? It is one of the items finishing tomorrow night. I can point you to the auction ad.

Another question — if the 75 comes with a cap [plastic?], why are people shelling out huge bucks [more than the third-party hood] to get an authentic Oly or 3rd-party lens cap? Is it just dressing up, as it were? With hoods and caps I believe in pure functionality over aesthetics [including headgear]. Thanks again.

8. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Once the hood is attached it is near impossible to take off/put on the Oly cap. I usually leave the cap off when I have the hood attached since its such a pain in the a**. Olympus should really switch to the center pinch caps used by so many others.

9. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    RainbowImaging has the JJC Hood for $26.99 and Free Shipping

RainbowImaging has the JJC Hood for $26.99 and Free Shipping - It's a nice Hood and it does reverse.

Olympus LH-61F Lens hood, Olympus, M.Zuiko ED 75mm F1.8 Lens

RainbowImaging also has a 58mm screw on Silver Lens Hood that will fit the Olympus 75mm for $4.89
    58mm Silver Tele Hood, Olympus LH-61F Lens hood, Olympus, M.Zuiko ED 75mm F1.8 Lens

RainbowImaging prices are better on their Site than the RainbowImaging / Amazon Prices.

I have made several order from Rainbowimaging with great service :2thumbs:

Olympus does make and sell a center pinch 58mm Lens Cap that should work great with this hood.

Olympus - 58mm Lens Cap LC-58C - Lens Accessories - Accessories | Olympus
    Adorama - Olympus LC-58C Front Lens Cap 260037
    B&H - Olympus LC-58C 58mm Lens Cap 260037 B&H Photo Video

There are many other name brand and generic center pinch lens caps in this size.

10. apbtlvr

apbtlvr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    NoVa
    Rick
    Just got mine and I agree.

11. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I am using the JJC hood along with the LC-58C pinch cap... works well!

12. Rrexy

Rrexy Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 27, 2013
    Belcamp, MD
    Randy
    I recently purchased the JJC hood from Rainbow Imaging as well.
    Looks great, feels solid and yes, it's reversible.
    A great price too!

Randy

13. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    My 75mm lens hood came with a center pinch Olympus cap to replace the stock lens cap. Was nestled right in the box with the hood.