Architecture and keystone

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by HazyOmega, Feb 3, 2015.

1. HazyOmega

HazyOmega Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 25, 2013
    Montreal, Canada
    Do you guys use keytone process to correct your architecture picture? Do you usually prefer the as-shot or the keystoned one?
    Could be nice to do a before / after keystone on architecture picture.

Here's one.
    I used the same photo for the keystone, so it's a bit cropped vs the original.

Before:

15819254473_50c81a1f64_c. P1170568-LR by HazyOmega, on Flickr

After:

16437550701_bb95cff4ba_c. P1170568-LR-C1 by HazyOmega, on Flickr

How about yours?

2. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    It depends for me. Sometimes i do, sometimes I don't. I mean, I always try correcting, but I do not always use corrected.

I like your idea of presenting two views.

In this case I much prefer the extreme uncorrected version. it give you more of a sense for the place. The corrected version is just... comfortable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. HazyOmega

HazyOmega Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 25, 2013
    Montreal, Canada
    I see what you mean.
    With the straighten photo you lose the dramatic effect of the picture.

4. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Yes, but not always. I think your example may be an example of where corrected is better. Hard to frame for corrected. Always have to give yourself the extra room. Great thread topic. Looking forward to hearing other's views on this topic.

5. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Woof, I prefer your corrected version because it leads the eye to the stained glass, organ pipes and ceiling in that order. The uncorrected version diverts my attention to the pillars and ceiling first, then the organ pipes and finally the window.