Arca-swiss plate for E-PM2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DoofClenas, Nov 19, 2012.

1. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I checked my manufacturer's website (Acratech), but didn't see the camera listed. Anyone have any thoughts as to which other model it might be close to?

Or another source/brand?

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    you can either go with the Kirk pz-130 or the peak design capture camera clip plates...they recently released a small plate for compact cameras to work with their system....it is nicer than the Kirk plate as it has strap lugs...but no lip to prevent twist like the Kirk plate has. both will run unde$30 New.

3. IcemanYVR

IcemanYVR Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Allan
    I use the offerings from Really Right Stuff... they have a generic camera plate for ยต43 cameras. I use one when I have to test smaller cameras: Here's the link: http://reallyrightstuff.com/Product...11&desc=B9:-For-Olympus-PEN-E-P1/E-P2&key=ait

4. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I just picked up a Markins P20 plate after considering a number of them from different manufacturers. I like the plate because it has three channels, so you can offset the plate if it interfers with the battery/SD compartment door. And Markins makes nice equipment. Here is their link: Markins: Home of Markins Q-Balls >> P20 .

--Ken

• Like Like x 1
  5. IcemanYVR

IcemanYVR Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Allan
    I'll second that... I have a Markins Ballhead, it's the finest ballhead I've ever owned. Very well made and excellent craftsmanship.

6. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    FYI - the peak design plates will block the battery compartment for E-PM1's. So will probably affect other bodies as well. The Markins plate above looks the most flexible.

7. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Why not the Kirk? It is $15 cheaper at adorama and also has the 3 slots to avoid conflict with the battery door not to mention the kirk plate also has an anti-twist lip which the markins is lacking, here is the link:

Kirk Camera Plate for Panasonic Lumix DMC-63/LX3/GF1, Nikon J1/V1 Cameras PZ-130

If you can cancel your order you won't be disappointed and pocket $15 (and I'm guessing they charged shipping too seeing as they charge $2 bucks for an accompanying allen wrench). Edit: OMG another $10 bucks shipping from markins, they sure know how to gouge.

Finally, this is what the Kirk looked like on my gf1, for reference:

IMGP0422.JPG

8. DoofClenas

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Great, thank you for the options. That Kirk mount is exactly what I was looking for.

9. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Agreed! I bought the Kirk some years ago for my S90, and it's worked well on my LX-5 and E-PM1. It even worked temporarily on my EM5 before I got the RRS plate for it:smile:

10. DoofClenas

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Just scored the kirk plate for $19 off ebay (including shipping)...best deal so far.

11. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the recommendation of the Kirk plate. I am not certain if I missed the plate, if it was not available when I started my research several months ago, or if I ruled it out because of concern about the lip coming into contact with some of the LCD screens on my camera bodies, but I agree it is a good deal (if the lip is not an issue with your camera(s)). I researched a lot of plates at the time, and I was originally going to buy one from Acratech, but it did not offer the three channels, and that seemed important as I have several bodies that will use the plate.

I will keep the Markins plate, because by the time I eat shipping in both directions, the savings would be greatly reduced. In Markins favor, they do have to ship from Canada, and that adds a bit of expense as their packages do have to clear customs. On the other hand, they usually ship the same day as you order, and I usually receive their packages in one to two days because they are located in Vancouver, BC, and I am just 120 miles south of them in Washington. But, I agree the Kirk is a great value, and should be on anybody's short list if they are looking for a versatile plate!

--Ken